P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bigmanlittlebuggy has been around quite a bit and has shared a lot about his build.

The thing you need to know to save your clutches going forward is - if the wheels ain't spinning, get off the throttle immediately. Go to low range, if they're not spinning in low, no throttle, winch out.

You burn the clutches on these pioneers when you try to rev out of stuck wheels. May need to review your setup for gearing, more reduction maybe for your style of riding - or, mudding...

Low range for sure.

Ronayers.com often has some of the best pricing, but you must create a login to see the best price.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
@Bigmanlittlebuggy has been around quite a bit and has shared a lot about his build.

The thing you need to know to save your clutches going forward is - if the wheels ain't spinning, get off the throttle immediately. Go to low range, if they're not spinning in low, no throttle, winch out.

You burn the clutches on these pioneers when you try to rev out of stuck wheels. May need to review your setup for gearing, more reduction maybe for your style of riding - or, mudding...

Low range for sure.

Ronayers.com often has some of the best pricing, but you must create a login to see the best price.
That's what happened to me. Spun down in quicksand in the Alapaha. Reversed to back out and had to rip on it to break the tires loose. And Ron Ayers is about seven bucks cheaper on the clutch now. They weren't when I bought mine. Pays to shop around.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my clutch pack here. $349.00 and change. Buy the O-rings and two seal rings too. It's not too bad of a job. I would highly recommend removing the rear bed for better access.
That’s a great idea is there a trick to removing the bed I got the clip off the shock but can’t seem to get the shock off the mount I have always wanted to be able to remove the as I’m a big guy and that is a small area to work in lol

H

HondaTech

That’s a great idea is there a trick to removing the bed I got the clip off the shock but can’t seem to get the shock off the mount I have always wanted to be able to remove the as I’m a big guy and that is a small area to work in lol

Rrmove the lower mount nut, use your back to hold the bed up and remove the upper mount nut. Slide the rod out thr bottom, lower the bed and remove the 2 pivot bolts.

5 seat beds won't fit between the cage bars. So loosen one side down low and walk it out the back.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rrmove the lower mount nut, use your back to hold the bed up and remove the upper mount nut. Slide the rod out thr bottom, lower the bed and remove the 2 pivot bolts.

5 seat beds won't fit between the cage bars. So loosen one side down low and walk it out the back.
So get this guys I walk out let the buggy run for a wile the u goes away so I’m like f it imma try the clutch relearn again and I’ll be dam if it doesn’t go right threw cleared everything so know I’m wondering if I should still pull the clutch or give it one more ride and see how it dose what y’all think?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So get this guys I walk out let the buggy run for a wile the u goes away so I’m like f it imma try the clutch relearn again and I’ll be dam if it doesn’t go right threw cleared everything so know I’m wondering if I should still pull the clutch or give it one more ride and see how it dose what y’all think?
I would do one more ride to see. That's just me though.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nah not pissed unloading everything from the weekend trip it’s a 2021 I’m not sure of the miles probably around 1200 now could be more I’ll send pics of the clutches when I pull them out wish me luck
@TripleB had trouble getting the relearn in my p1k. The dash showed two bars but it was still not warm enough to allow the relearn. I believe he sat in park above an idle for afew minutes then it took the relearn

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@TripleB had trouble getting the relearn in my p1k. The dash showed two bars but it was still not warm enough to allow the relearn. I believe he sat in park above an idle for afew minutes then it took the relearn
Yours is the only one I've had an issue with. We probably tried it 10 times after it sat and idled for 10-15 minutes and it never took. Raised the RPM's for a few minutes and it took first try.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hell yeah, take it out and ride it like you stole it! 😂 Might've just been some goofy gremlin that went away, worst case you were already expecting to get hit with a new clutch sooo 🤷‍♂️

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Also, remove the two rubber bed stops underneath the rear of the bed. It will allow the bed to raise a couple more inches and really makes the job easier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!