P1000 2022 1000-5 Trail Denali Pro snow plow mount

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does that plow do on an asphalt driveway? Never plowed before and don't want to mess it up...

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does that plow do on an asphalt driveway? Never plowed before and don't want to mess it up...
Yakman - my post about my KFI plow is above and the Denali has the same type of skid puck system.
Perfectly flat asphalt is easy, but you should still use the pucks to float your blade. The plow company's can't set the float height because everyone's machine has a different mounting point/blade angle, and your surface to be plowed may be smooth or rough.
Once your plow is mounted drive to a flat spot and lower the blade to the ground. The skid pucks on the sides have rubber bushings and stacks of washers above and below the puck.

You can either eyeball it or measure. Lift the blade, pull the top cotter pins, remove the pucks and then stack more washers above or below the bottom mount bracket. What you're initially looking for is that the pucks gently support the blade on the ground and there is a rubber bushing below the mounting bracket.
On smooth, flat asphalt, this is all you need. If you have ripples or a rough surface, you may want more washers below the mount to help the pucks float the blade without grinding the wear bar and ripping up asphalt.
This is something that takes some trial and error to see what works best for you.

I have a gravel road base driveway at my cabin. If everything's frozen, there's no problem. If things are soft and mushy, my pucks sink and the plow can peel up snow and a skeen of red rock road base that colors the snow. I pay for the road base and I'd rather not plow it off the driveway. I either move more washers below or feather the blade with the winch. Trial and error.
Best.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yakman - my post about my KFI plow is above and the Denali has the same type of skid puck system.
Perfectly flat asphalt is easy, but you should still use the pucks to float your blade. The plow company's can't set the float height because everyone's machine has a different mounting point/blade angle, and your surface to be plowed may be smooth or rough.
Once your plow is mounted drive to a flat spot and lower the blade to the ground. The skid pucks on the sides have rubber bushings and stacks of washers above and below the puck.
View attachment 365132
You can either eyeball it or measure. Lift the blade, pull the top cotter pins, remove the pucks and then stack more washers above or below the bottom mount bracket. What you're initially looking for is that the pucks gently support the blade on the ground and there is a rubber bushing below the mounting bracket.
On smooth, flat asphalt, this is all you need. If you have ripples or a rough surface, you may want more washers below the mount to help the pucks float the blade without grinding the wear bar and ripping up asphalt.
This is something that takes some trial and error to see what works best for you.

I have a gravel road base driveway at my cabin. If everything's frozen, there's no problem. If things are soft and mushy, my pucks sink and the plow can peel up snow and a skeen of red rock road base that colors the snow. I pay for the road base and I'd rather not plow it off the driveway. I either move more washers below or feather the blade with the winch. Trial and error.
Best.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

GROR

GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s hard to tell looking at photos but does the Denali Pro Series bracket hang down underneath the machine? It looks like you lose a little ground clearance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It’s hard to tell looking at photos but does the Denali Pro Series bracket hang down underneath the machine? It looks like you lose a little ground clearance.
Unfortunately yes. As many do.
Review post #1 for pictures.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You do lose clearance. I try to remove mine during non-winter months. It is not the mounts fault but my frame nuts are junk. I had to drill and tap my right side bumper frame nut already. When I installed my winch plate Honda had cross threaded the bumper bolt.

Reactions: GROR and Buggyman
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not exactly the same, but similar principle, the skids below use 3/4" UHMW-PE as a wear surface on my tractor front mount snow blower to prevent marking pavement. Show are fixed and don't pivot, I've since modified them so the leading edge can pivot up and down. , but mounting them on a vertical shaft takes care of that (I did that for a neighbor's snow plow).

I may change these to a single vertical rod-in-tube mount with height adjustment set with locknut at bottom bearing surface. The rod needs to be welded forward of skid center so the skid can pivot. As shown, the skid has a tendency to want to fight the tractor's steering in turns if the blower is in float or the blower isn't lifted.

Yeah, it's rare I don't build something and after figure out a better way to do it . . . I'm cursed that way!

IMG 0842

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah you do.

Yes you will want to remove it in the spring. It’s not that bad, 6 bolts, just keep the threads clear and use a bit of never seize.

if you don’t… let’s just say you’re in for a surprise when you hook a log or rock with the ears that hang down.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to light a match and not curse the darkness, . . .
Across two machines (Kawi and Honda), the KFI mount for an Open Country plow mount does not hang down or snag anything.
(Please discuss amongst yourselves . . . ).

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!