BOX1

P1000 2022 1000-5 Trail Denali Pro snow plow mount

Tsprouse1989

Tsprouse1989

Jan 7, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In an attempt to get ahead of the game and to obtain one before they are hard to find, I have started researching what plows besides the OEM Honda unit will fit my 2022 1000-5 Trail. With reading here and other places, the Denali brand kept coming up as a robust, well built plow that operates well and holds up overtime under heavy use. Everything I could find showed no fitment for the 2022, and also explicitly stated that the mount would not work with the factory Warn winch mount. (which I do have, being the Trail model) After messaging with Hondasxs, I decided to order just the mount from HondaSxS for the Denali Pro series and see what all would not allow it to fit. This is the mount. Denali pn MA11719. Remember if you plan to order the plow kit later you will need to discuss this with @Hondasxs so you don't end up with 2 mounts.

IMG 4771IMG 4772

Upon fitting the bracket to the front of the machine I found that it is very close to clearing, and with only minor modification I could make this work. The only interference was at the 2 vertical tabs where they attach to the lower horizontal bumper bolts. The winch bracket itself is formed in a way that prevents the plow mount from being able to come up high enough to get the lower bumper bolts installed.

IMG 4778IMG 47771660609940636

The bracket itself is constructed of 1/4" steel so in my opinion if I were to cut a bit off of each tab it wouldn't hurt the overall strength of the bracket. I started off with measuring over about 3/4" and down about 3/4" from the forward top corner, from there I connected both of those marks and cut off essentially a corner of the tab.

IMG 4797IMG 4798

I smoothed the cut with a flap wheel on the grinder and hit it with some spray paint to help protect from rust. I then re-fitted the bracket to the machine and it was clear everywhere I needed it to be. I loosely installed the bolts from underneath into the factory welded nuts on the frame and began to insert spacers to center the mount to the machine.

IMG 4792

Denali sends 2 different sets of spacers to accommodate this due to variations in added front accessories. 2--- 1/8" washers, and 2--- 1/4" spacers. I was able to use the 1/8" washers (1 on each side). The instructions mention that due to variations in front end installed accessories, you may need the spacers and you may not. Here is a view from the front.

IMG 4787

Here is the final product installed.

IMG 4801IMG 4799

I'm very happy with how this fit together, I was figuring on having to make much more drastic changes, but this was no big deal.

Hopefully this helps someone with the same questions I had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In an attempt to get ahead of the game and to obtain one before they are hard to find, I have started researching what plows besides the OEM Honda unit will fit my 2022 1000-5 Trail. With reading here and other places, the Denali brand kept coming up as a robust, well built plow that operates well and holds up overtime under heavy use. Everything I could find showed no fitment for the 2022, and also explicitly stated that the mount would not work with the factory Warn winch mount. (which I do have, being the Trail model) After messaging with Hondasxs, I decided I'd like to get a mount for a Denali Pro series and see what all would not allow it to fit. This is the mount. Denali pn MA11719

View attachment 349073View attachment 349074

Upon fitting the bracket to the front of the machine I found that it is very close to clearing, and with only minor modification I could make this work. The only interference was at the 2 vertical tabs where they attach to the lower horizontal bumper bolts. The winch bracket itself is formed in a way that prevents the plow mount from being able to come up high enough to get the lower bumper bolts installed.

View attachment 349076View attachment 349077View attachment 349093

The bracket itself is constructed of 1/4" steel so in my opinion if I were to cut a bit off of each tab it wouldn't hurt the overall strength of the bracket. I started off with measuring over about 3/4" and down about 3/4" from the forward top corner, from there I connected both of those marks and cut off essentially a corner of the tab.

View attachment 349078View attachment 349079

I smoothed the cut with a flap wheel on the grinder and hit it with some spray paint to help protect from rust. I then re-fitted the bracket to the machine and it was clear everywhere I needed it to be. I loosely installed the bolts from underneath into the factory welded nuts on the frame and began to insert spacers to center the mount to the machine.

View attachment 349081

Denali sends 2 different sets of spacers to accommodate this due to variations in added front accessories. 2--- 1/8" washers, and 2--- 1/4" spacers. I was able to use the 1/8" washers (1 on each side). The instructions mention that due to variations in front end installed accessories, you may need the spacers and you may not. Here is a view from the front.

View attachment 349083

View attachment 349084View attachment 349086

I'm very happy with how this fit together, I was figuring on having to make much more drastic changes, but this was no big deal.

Nice!

you’ll like the Denali plow on your P1k5.

Hands down faster than a snow blower and you’ll be impressed just how much you can move in one pass.

denone

denone

Supporting Member
Nov 18, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Perfect timing and thanks as I was just starting my research for a plow for my 22 1000-5 Forest. I have the Warn/Honda OEM plow and push tube from my 18 1000-5 LE but not the mount. Of course for the 22 model Warn changed the setup with all new part numbers. I was debating ordering a pre 22 mount and hoping I could get it to fit but didn’t really want to drop about $270 to find out. Figure this is as good as time as any to just switch over to the Denali and then add the hydro-turn next year. My dealer has only installed the KFI system on the 22 models to date and all of those were on the models without the Warn Honda OEM winch setup.

Tsprouse1989

Tsprouse1989

Jan 7, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw one of the new Honda model plows in person and was not impressed at all. To do a small residential drive I’m sure it would be fine, but I like the piece of mind of how heavy duty the Denali pro appears to be built.

denone

denone

Supporting Member
Nov 18, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw one of the new Honda model plows in person and was not impressed at all. To do a small residential drive I’m sure it would be fine, but I like the piece of mind of how heavy duty the Denali pro appears to be built.
And I think the price for the 22 Warn Honda plow setup is around $1500. I am going with the Denali from the club store and following your instructions to mod the plow mount. Figure I can put my old Warn plow and push tube up for sale to help save a few bucks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Only non Pioneer owners think it will be a bad winter.
We had a early freeze down to 19 a month ago, 4 outa 5 Persimmons are showing spoons, snow and the 5th was a fork, ice, according to the old timers.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had 8" of snow in my yard last night (Salt Lake), though most has melted off. Heading to my cabin tomorrow and expect to plow.
I thought I'd throw out another plow option. I do not know if the KFI mount works with the Warn winch mount, so you'll need to check.
I've used this KFI Open Trail 72" plow and pushbars for 8 years at 7,800' in the Wasatch Mountains - a lot of snow miles. I've only swapped the mount to change from a Teryx 4 to my Pioneer 1k5. This set up has been great and I haven't yet had to flip the metal wear bar on the bottom of the blade. I roll the blade in place on the dolly, attach two pins, hook up the winch, and I'm plowing in seconds. ✌️ out.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We had a early freeze down to 19 a month ago, 4 outa 5 Persimmons are showing spoons, snow and the 5th was a fork, ice, according to the old timers.
I’m lookin forward to some snow action this winter. I’m not plowing just little toolin around in the woods :)

Bryan555

Bryan555

Nov 26, 2022
Ingleside, IL 60041
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice!

Hands down faster than a snow blower and you’ll be impressed just how much you can move in one pass.
thanks for your research & work, I just purchased a 2022 P1k5 forest @ the beginning of this month....after researching snow plows...the Denali pro clearly looks like the winner & I plan on buying it with the hydroturn. Will my stock Warn winch that came with my Honda work with the Denali after I modify the MA11719 mount? Thx, Bryan

Bryan555

Bryan555

Nov 26, 2022
Ingleside, IL 60041
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice!

In an attempt to get ahead of the game and to obtain one before they are hard to find, I have started researching what plows besides the OEM Honda unit will fit my 2022 1000-5 Trail. With reading here and other places, the Denali brand kept coming up as a robust, well built plow that operates well and holds up overtime under heavy use. Everything I could find showed no fitment for the 2022, and also explicitly stated that the mount would not work with the factory Warn winch mount. (which I do have, being the Trail model) After messaging with Hondasxs, I decided I'd like to get a mount for a Denali Pro series and see what all would not allow it to fit. This is the mount. Denali pn MA11719

View attachment 349081

View attachment 349083

Thanks for your research & work! I just purchased a 2022 P1k5 forest @ the beginning of this month....after researching snow plows...the Denali pro clearly looks like the winner. Last night I had made the purchase on the plow with the hydroturn through the Honda sxs store & ordered the MA11719 mount through another site. I had originally sent this message to Vikes79 (at the time...I thought he had made the post). I looked at his profile & then realized that he had a red pioneer 1000-5...not the Trail edition that you have. After going further into the pics & instructions, I had then seen a pic of the stock Warn winch (please correct me if I'm wrong). I am planning on using this factory Warn winch system on my 2022 P1K5 Forest Edition. Hopefully all goes well for me. I also want to install a secondary battery (I've watched your youtube video on the dual battery fuse panel). Right now..I have the Honda heater installed & soon to have a stereo system & additional lighting installed + the winch & plow with the hydroturn....I believe that is a bit too much for this little 12 volt battery. Also...where to put anything under the hood...talk about lack of space for any additions! If you have any suggestions...I'd greatly appreciate it! Thx, Bryan

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 349081

View attachment 349083

nice job on the minor modification now all you need is a bunch of snow 🤣

Reactions: Smitty335
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 349081

View attachment 349083

As I don't currently have winch on the front, what winch does Denali recommend for their plow?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!