2022 Pioneer 1000 Model Announcement Today, Honda REDLINE

R

Rue

Feb 12, 2022
VA
Been looking at lots of info & still unclear to me which models come with skid plate. Is it all of the 5p’s or only Forest, etc? Also, looks like none of them come with the A-arm protection like the 2021 LEs did?

Reactions: ChadD
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Been looking at lots of info & still unclear to me which models come with skid plate. Is it all of the 5p’s or only Forest, etc? Also, looks like none of them come with the A-arm protection like the 2021 LEs did?
They all have an "upgraded" OEM plastic Skidplate according to the press release, now just how sturdy it is remains to be seen.

If you intend to get into serious rocks the FUTV Ultimate 1/2" skids with A arm guards are hard to beat.

Screenshot 20220403 002545 Chrome

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the improvements to the engine/trans but I’m not a fan of I4WD. Honda is still stuck in the Stone Age with the cable operated controls and a cage that doesn’t allow doors and windshield to seal. Would electronic actuators REALLY cost that much more than the cables and supporting hardware.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the improvements to the engine/trans but I’m not a fan of I4WD. Honda is still stuck in the Stone Age with the cable operated controls and a cage that doesn’t allow doors and windshield to seal. Would electronic actuators REALLY cost that much more than the cables and supporting hardware.
Personally I prefer old school cables, they seem to fail less frequently then electronic gizmos.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Electronics often can and will fail at the worst time, no thanks cables for me.
I have said a few times in the various conversations that pop up about how Honda doesn't do this or that, if you want a sealed cab and heater that works along with a higher price buy a damn Jeep.
If I want to stay warm and reasonably dry I grab a Jeep or a truck but if I want lighter weight and the ability to fit between trees hauling things in and out of our property for any reason I grab a SxS.
The price point of the Pioneers puts it in a great place for what they do.
If you want a crap ton of weight with crappy performance not to mention the ridiculous price of the accessories it's your cart go for it.
As for me a solid rear axle, lack of electronic gizmos to fail at the worst time and decent performance are my goals.
Ours gets the job done every time..
End of rant. (For now)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Electronics often can and will fail at the worst time, no thanks cables for me.
I have said a few times in the various conversations that pop up about how Honda doesn't do this or that, if you want a sealed cab and heater that works along with a higher price buy a damn Jeep.
If I want to stay warm and reasonably dry I grab a Jeep or a truck but if I want lighter weight and the ability to fit between trees hauling things in and out of our property for any reason I grab a SxS.
The price point of the Pioneers puts it in a great place for what they do.
If you want a crap ton of weight with crappy performance not to mention the ridiculous price of the accessories it's your cart go for it.
As for me a solid rear axle, lack of electronic gizmos to fail at the worst time and decent performance are my goals.
Ours gets the job done every time..
End of rant. (For now)
I didn't say a DAM thing!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They all have an "upgraded" OEM plastic Skidplate according to the press release, now just how sturdy it is remains to be seen.

If you intend to get into serious rocks the FUTV Ultimate 1/2" skids with A arm guards are hard to beat.

View attachment 327727
I am not 100% the model designation. But it looks like Honda added wings!

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Anyone know if you can swap the ecu out to older models to gain better shift function and retain shift mode when changing from reverse to first?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone know if you can swap the ecu out to older models to gain better shift function and retain shift mode when changing from reverse to first?
Only a Snuff tune can do that. You have to have special clearance/credentials for one of those :cool: a Talon ECU wont hurt either
Hint: Just listen to what hes telling u on your other thread ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!