2022 talon turbo?

B

Breakfastbrew

Dec 17, 2020
Nh
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Forgive me if this has been asked or is common knowledge. I am a long time lurker. 1st post. Have a 2021 pioneer 1000-5. Thinking about getting talon. Understand the talon can have a the Jackson turbo added. Does anyone know will there be a model of the 2022 talon coming with a turbo factory?

H

HondaTech

Forgive me if this has been asked or is common knowledge. I am a long time lurker. 1st post. Have a 2021 pioneer 1000-5. Thinking about getting talon. Understand the talon can have a the Jackson turbo added. Does anyone know will there be a model of the 2022 talon coming with a turbo factory?

I doubt with the Acc. Turbo I think Honda has cemented their position on a factory turbo as an option. But then again, I couldn't believe they supported any turbo charging option that quick to begin with.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
NO

Reactions: TripleB
B

Breakfastbrew

Dec 17, 2020
Nh
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where did you see them announce "no" turbo?

Reactions: TxDoc
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you want a turbo model, you go to the local Honda dealer and buy what ever Talon your heart desires and then have them add a Jackson kit to it before you pick it up. BAM...... Factory turbo with warranty

Why is this a problem for some people to wrap their head around?

B

Breakfastbrew

Dec 17, 2020
Nh
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Because it is not the same. I understand you can do this. However. You are trusting that the tech knows what they are doing. You are also now paying for labor to take something apart and put it together. This being done at the factory is without question better and cheaper.

What is honda logic for not selling a factory turbo and making more money? Also are we sure they won't offer one in 2022?

Reactions: DRKnight and CID
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
Because it is not the same. I understand you can do this. However. You are trusting that the tech knows what they are doing. You are also now paying for labor to take something apart and put it together. This being done at the factory is without question better and cheaper.

What is honda logic for not selling a factory turbo and making more money? Also are we sure they won't offer one in 2022?

the engine is not being torn apart. i put my turbo on. it is very easy to do. you dont open the engine up. just bolt on parts......

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
think of it from a Manufacture prospective. They build the machine and deliver it to dealer. Customer comes in and if he wants a Non-Turbo, there it is, If he wants a turbo, the dealer can quickly get one & install (making the dealer money) They have tested it enough that Honda warranties the whole thing with turbo (assuming you use Jackson) so customer feels he is covered.

As opposed to having to build 2 different units with & without turbo, dealer will never have the right one in the right color so dealers will have to play a lot more trades and not make the extra money for service department, floor plan unit numbers are higher just so dealers can try to stock both, ETC

Not as dumb as it sounds. If you don't feel comfortable with your dealer installing the turbo, I am sure that you can find a dealer that is quailified to install one and just haul your new unit there (and buy the turbo part from them) & still get Factory warranty. Maybe not as easy to finance that way.

I don't have the Jackson turbo, so I can't say how great it is, but Honda is still in bed with them and are still warranting them. That should say something after 2 years. As a customer, if you have buyer remorse & think you need more power than Non-turbo, can just have it added VS the other brands where you basically end up taking a bath trading up.

Reactions: MDFMac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!