Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Update mostly resolved due to loose connection.

So shortly after purchasing my 2024 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe I replaced the OEM headlights with full replacement plug and play LED lights with integrated DRL & Turn Signals, everything worked as it should at first. After about 60 days the DRL then intermittent Hi Lo beams would stop working one side to the other. Finally both headlights stopped working completely Hi, Lo, DRL, Turn Signals, all dead. Tail lights and brake lights work fine still.

I have the Turn Pro plug and play Turn Signals installed and the turn indicators with it work on all 4 corners as they should.

So today I removed the aftermarket Chinabomb LED lights, replaced the full OEM halogen bulbs and have a set of LED bulbs. My issue is I still have no headlights whatsoever. I have checked the following:

Headlight fuse in fuse block - OK
Main Headlight relay - clicks on with ignition and reads 12V. Also continuity withall 3 relay socket ground terminals as appropriate.

Lo Beam Relay - clicks on/off with Lo headlight switch and reads 12V.

Hi Beam Relay - clicks on/off with headlight switch on Hi switch and reads 12V

Not sure what else could be stopping power through OEM harness from relays to Headlights plugs at sockets.

Any suggestions, past experiences 🤔

@Hondasxs @Hello_Darkness @lee

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coeus and TxDoc
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
do you have an actual 12v at the end of the wire where the lites plug in and have you checked all your grounds and ohmed out all your bulbs ?

U checked all connectors if they are in series and starting ringing out each wire for continuity and or voltage?

Reactions: JACKAL
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
As @DRZRon1 said..... Do you have 12v at the plug for the headlight? If not start working your way back. If the relays are closing and power is going through it would have to be a break in the harness.

Although, the new machines are Can-Buss ( @Hello_Darkness can correct me if I'm wrong), if so, aftermarket lights connected to the factory harness can cause issues. I had a neighbor try to add a couple spot lights to his reverse light circuit on his F350, it caused all sorts of electrical problems......dash lights lit up like a Christmas tree 😆

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks @DRZRon1 & @906UP just before checking this post was still tinkering with it and found a pulled connector for the plug n play high beam add a light from the HondaSXS store. Had things zip tied too tight apparently.

So now I have Hi Beam on both sides with the add a light lights up on Hi Beam as it should. Now trying to track down the disconnect interfering with Lo beam on drivers side.
20240820 173631

20240820 172857

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP and Coeus
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks @DRZRon1 & @906UP just before checking this post was still tinkering with it and found a pulled connector for the plug n play high beam add a light from the HondaSXS store. Had things zip tied too tight apparently.

So now I have both Hi Beam on both sides with the add a light lights up on Hi Beam as it should. Now trying to track down the disconnect interfering with Lo beam onlydrivers side.
View attachment 441284

View attachment 441285
Excellent!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the 6pin connector from the high beam kit. Or remove it and try again, it might have a bad crimp or bent pin.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Check the 6pin connector from the high beam kit. Or remove it and try again, it might have a bad crimp or bent pin.
Thanks, I've determined it's somewhere from the main 6 pin connector where the add a light plugs into OEM harness and the drivers side light itself. I was just happy to get it mostly working as everything on the technical side appeared to be functioning properly when running test meter on it. The loose connecter causing everything to be out looked inserted but had pulled ever so slightly from zip tying everything in place. I must have failed to get it clicked in properly when adding the light and just took a few months to cause real issues.

I'm certain I can figure it out now, quit for the day with a minor victory. Will track it down on my next venture looking it over.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I've determined it's somewhere from the main 6 pin connector where the add a light plugs into OEM harness and the drivers side light itself. I was just happy to get it mostly working as everything on the technical side appeared to be functioning properly when running test meter on it. The loose connecter causing everything to be out looked inserted but had pulled ever so slightly from zip tying everything in place. I must have failed to get it clicked in properly when adding the light and just took a few months to cause real issues.

I'm certain I can figure it out now, quit for the day with a minor victory. Will track it down on my next venture looking it over.
To save yourself some sanity, do you still have the oem halogen bulbs? If so, hook them back up. There is a slight chance the LED low beam is defective. China and all.....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
To save yourself some sanity, do you still have the oem halogen bulbs? If so, hook them back up. There is a slight chance the LED low beam is defective. China and all.....
Yes, I have them and will give it a shot

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
One of my Auxbeam LEDS went bad the first time out on my Pioneer. Not sure what brand you got, but auxbeam sent me a complete new set. I put them in the Talon and they are both working fine. Maybe hopefully you just have a bad bulb.

advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Sounds like maybe it wasn't the china headlights after all.

Reactions: toddvdh
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Did you get this sorted out @JACKAL ?
I haven't taken the time to look into it further, I do have 3 sets of bulbs to test to to verify if it's the bulb or a connector issue

Reactions: Coeus