P1000 22 P1000-3 Under seat fan FYI

brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the fan help with the hot air coming from the seat belt openings? I did the DEI heat shield kit which helped a little but still get a lot of hot air from the seat belt openings.
I've been running the same Derale fan as the original poster plus I have the DEI heat shield kit. The combo gets the job done, however I will be replacing the DEI heat shield - in fact I've already removed it for a couple of reasons 1) it has two slits front to back of the seat bottom to accommodate the seat belts. Over time this began to settle and open up along these slits. 2) I didn't love glass fibers sticking into my hands and arms every time I raised the seat to check the sub trans fluid or reach into the under seat storage on the drivers side for a strap or pair of gloves, etc. I have a service appointment soon (leak from sub trans), after that I will likely install the Quickshield before putting the fan back in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!