P1000 22 P1000 Swamp MPG

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't really go off of mpg. I just know if I run an 8 hour day I use a tank. It seems the same whether I putter or fly all day. A days worth of engine running is just always about a tank of fuel.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just wondering from up north here. What do you do if you get stuck in water like that? Play Molly Hatchet "I'm going back to gator where the wine and women are free". Throw a line to a gator and have him pull you out? Before he eats you. Just wondering.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering from up north here. What do you do if you get stuck in water like that? Play Molly Hatchet "I'm going back to gator where the wine and women are free". Throw a line to a gator and have him pull you out? Before he eats you. Just wondering.
I think you just pull the emergency inflatable buoy and the paddle tires float you home.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thing I think about when I see a big water crossing like that is "alright, where's the spot that Bubba has been rutting it out with his bigass Ford running 44s?" I've got no visible clue where that could be, and if I hit it, I'm going down deep!
😬

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The thing I think about when I see a big water crossing like that is "alright, where's the spot that Bubba has been rutting it out with his bigass Ford running 44s?" I've got no visible clue where that could be, and if I hit it, I'm going down deep!
😬
Don’t be the first guy to go through it 😉…. Where I ride there are always a million kids on ATV’s with 6’ snorkels submarining around the park. I just ride around and watch them

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have swamp buggies with 6' tires running around so every once in a while I end up underwater. The Honda is amazing just don't turn it off. Yeah you basically need to "Self Rescue" swim to the nearest tree and tie the winch strap as high as possible and winch out. Since the area is underwater you can't see the deep holes until its to late.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don’t be the first guy to go through it 😉…. Where I ride there are always a million kids on ATV’s with 6’ snorkels submarining around the park. I just ride around and watch them

😬

Ed Zachary!! What Adam said 😂😂 unless you're in the middle of the everglades like Rudy does 😬 there's usually a cpl of people with whey bigger buggys around. So just hang out a bit and watch where they go and how deep they get (go from there)

Or......if we've been tona certain spot during dry season then we kinda have an idea of how deep it can get during the wet season.

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Something I've wondered about with you water-crossing guys: I assume your fan probably isn't going to kick on when your motor is getting a bath, but it seems like I'd want an override switch to cut it off and make sure it's not spinning under water. Is this what you guys do?

@JenElio
I don't have the fan override switch but I do have the vent extended. The fan itself is waterproof. As for worrying about the blades under water.......I've noticed when we ride in a lot of water my fan might only turn on once or twice all day long.

I worry more about my under seat bilge fan and I've forgot it running for a while well under water and 🤞ok so far

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Now I understand. You use the young riders as gator bait. This will let you know if you have a chance making it through a certain area. Good thinking. There's always plenty of young people that are clueless.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have swamp buggies with 6' tires running around so every once in a while I end up underwater. The Honda is amazing just don't turn it off. Yeah you basically need to "Self Rescue" swim to the nearest tree and tie the winch strap as high as possible and winch out. Since the area is underwater you can't see the deep holes until its to late.
Got any good pics?

I'm sure you're snorkeled to the roof line, ever been in danger of going down deep enough to hit the snorkel?

I'd have my winch line hooked to my roof so I can grab it without diving. You guys are nuckin futz. 😂

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
.if we've been tona certain spot during dry season then we kinda have an idea of how deep it can get during the wet season.
We've got several sink holes too deep for my Honda around here. One of the cool features of my OsmAnd nav app is that I can attach a photo or video to a waypoint marker.

So I take a pic when it's dry and I can see the deep ruts. Then when I pull up to it when it's a big pond, I can pull up that pic and see where to go.
0819211910a

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!