P700 28" mayhem tires on my stock 12" rims700/4

Stirling

Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
So after my first bog down which resulted in a broken winch and a lot of help from three young guys, I realized I needed to upgrade my stock tires.
After much debating and internet searching and questioning other Honda sxs guys I went with the mega Mayhems on my stock 12" rim.

I have to say I am amazed at the difference! I now have 12" clearance from the skid plate and lots of room around the wheels without the need for a lift I'm super happy with my choice of tire.

Power seems unchanged at low speed, ride not as smooth but not terrible at all below 5 mph.

Question: what psi? I have 8 but I'm thinking maybe should be 5-6?
Cheers

Paul

Here some picture of install day.
20180528 144800
20180528 150001
20180528 144821
20180528 144815
20180525 191607
20180525 191554

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm anxious for you to get them out on the trail and in the mud.
I think we all want to know if they rub.

Stirling

Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will have the answer in about 4 hours
Heading to a trail called 911, some good rocks, and trail, then over to some mud.

Reactions: Gator
Stirling

Stirling

Lifetime Member
May 27, 2018
Tiny ON
Ownership

1. 700-4
So Gator, I have the absolute answer.
No rubbing, no clearance issue no getting stuck!
I ran a medium/hard run, lots of Rock crawling, deep mudand water holes, packed mud and some sand in a 3 hour run today. The stock suspension with my home made snork and 28 mayhems worked perfectly. We had 450lbs of body weight up front and about 100lb of gear in the rear.
Made most the journey in 2 wheel drive, we did a similar run last week with the stock tires, I got stuck, (winched out) and bottomed out a number of times. This run we were going through much higher rocks, and three times hot the skid.

Bottom line these tires rock on stock!

Negatives: of course low end (under 10mph) runs a little shaky due to the tread pattern, but it's worth it for everything after that and even for rocks (which I was worried about). Bottom line no rubbing, put 28" mayhems on ya Honda 12" rims without worries.

Reactions: trey71254 and Gator
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Im always amazed how different wheels or tires can change the look of a machine. Looks good !

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran a medium/hard run, lots of Rock crawling, deep mudand water holes, packed mud and some sand in a 3 hour run today. The stock suspension with my home made snork and 28 mayhems worked perfectly. We had 450lbs of body weight up front and about 100lb of gear in the rear.
Made most the journey in 2 wheel drive, we did a similar run last week with the stock tires, I got stuck, (winched out) and bottomed out a number of times. This run we were going through much higher rocks, and three times hot the skid.

Negatives: of course low end (under 10mph) runs a little shaky due to the tread pattern, but it's worth it for everything after that and even for rocks (which I was worried about). Bottom line no rubbing, put 28" mayhems on ya Honda 12" rims without worries.
Great test and great report. Thanks.

I run 28" Swamp Lights. But I modified my A-arms and changed the shocks, so I can't say they wouldn't rub on stock suspension.

R

rdelliott93

Jun 1, 2021
VA
Ownership

1. 700-4

Do you still feel the same way? Absolutely no running at any angles?

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!