P700 Viper v2 on 2023 700-4

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has one one installed this yet?
No matter which way I mount it on the bracket, it’s hitting stuff.
I am thinking they need to disable buying the Widespool 6000 for 700s.
Or I am doing this wrong. But there is only 2 ways to mount it. Motor on drivers side or passenger.
Instructions say drivers side but the motor lead hits the frame.
Passenger side it’s very close but then you can’t put the bumper back on.
Anyone else?

Reactions: Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Buy a different bumper with a winch mount. The Honda location is a Biotch for nice winches

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Buy a different bumper with a winch mount. The Honda location is a Biotch for nice winches
Thanks. Got a link to some decent ones?
Had free time today to get this done. Pretty disappointed as time doesn’t come easy these days.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks. Got a link to some decent ones?
Had free time today to get this done. Pretty disappointed as time doesn’t come easy these days.
No link, its called the search bar.
use it up top. Tons of them with pics (key) to choose from
Also try SuperATV

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The 23 is no different then the previous years. I know the 1000 has a simular problem where the power post just barely touches the bumper. Solution is to flip it or clock it. But the 700 mounts upside down so flipping should not be done as we want the rope to feed from the mount side of the spool not the top.

Would love some pictures so we can see what you are talking about.

Here is a video on clocking the post so they are at the alternate corner of the motor.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
The 23 is no different then the previous years. I know the 1000 has a simular problem where the power post just barely touches the bumper. Solution is to flip it or clock it. But the 700 mounts upside down so flipping should not be done as we want the rope to feed from the mount side of the spool not the top.

Would love some pictures so we can see what you are talking about.

Here is a video on clocking the post so they are at the alternate corner of the motor.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
C2CBEB45 5A02 4801 B4E7 D062F7082746

6636CD31 1CB5 451B BE6C 65303733FACC

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I clocked it.
Now I have the issue that the lead is too close to the mount to get the bolt off. And I can’t fit boots through the top bumper holes in the front. I’ll post more pics.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Humm.. idk.
Sure looks like it is a tight fit, if it even fits.

Did you buy it through the club store?
If yes. Let me know what you want to do and we will get you taken care of.
Message me your order #.

May have to find a different mount.

Reactions: CID and Buggyman
infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah it was all through the club store. I think 2 bolts on the top might be okay until I can find a different bumper perhaps. I’ll keep messing with it and message you if I need a swap.
To confirm the Widespool and standard winches are the same length?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Standard is 1 inch less wide overall.
Would guess 1/2 inch each side.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I was able to get this bolted up, however its very clear this mount is not meant for the 2023 OR I was set the wrong mount? But it appears to be the right one...and it does "fit".

However, I could only get a single bolt on each side up top on the bumper as there just was not room for the other bolts.

The power terminal on the winch is VERY close to the U bolt holding the mount on as well.
I had to clock the winch to get it turned this way.

What I ended up doing was leaving everything lose so I had some wiggle room. This enabled me to hook up the power.
I then bolted everything up (I had only 2 bolts holding the winch in, and were lose).

Then tightened everything up.

The single bolt up top is a little worrisome since it will take some weight when using the winch.
I plan on plowing with this as why I was in a "rush" to get it done. I think it will lift the plow (Denali) without issues, but my worry would be overtime it would bend those bolts a bit.

@Hondasxs Is contacting Motoalliance for me today to see what their thoughts are here. 2023 is supposed to not be any different but perhaps it is every so slightly. My hope is for a new mount that will work 100%. If they cannot help me out, I will take money back I suppose and use that towards one of those bumpers with mounts that @Remington mentioned, but those are pricey.

I am suspecting a shorter bolt might work (tried the stock bolts but those don't work, too short.)

I was able to get the Denali plow mount on nice and easy though...but what should have been an hour took me hours.

IMG 0689
IMG 0690

P

Panhandlepilgrim

Mar 22, 2021
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had this same issue with the standard spool. I didn't get a photo but I should. I had to use one of the OEM bolts because I couldn't get a nut in between the unit and the frame. I also had to use a hammer to knock the mount down far enough to thread the bolts on one side.
These kits are junk and I won't buy another one I can tell you that.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Glad I wasn't the only person having issues.
The winch itself seems pretty good. Though they did not properly secure the rope into the hole on the winch wheel and the rope came out...no idea how I am going to officially fix that, but I just used gorilla tape to start the rope again, and as long as I dont use the entire 60ft, and stay well away from the end, should be fine.

I am with you though. This mount is not good, but suspect its not meant for the machine and needs changing.
Not sure how you got the OEM bolt in there though! Maybe my hands were tired from working in such a tight space LOL

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Glad I wasn't the only person having issues.
The winch itself seems pretty good. Though they did not properly secure the rope into the hole on the winch wheel and the rope came out...no idea how I am going to officially fix that, but I just used gorilla tape to start the rope again, and as long as I dont use the entire 60ft, and stay well away from the end, should be fine.

I am with you though. This mount is not good, but suspect its not meant for the machine and needs changing.
Not sure how you got the OEM bolt in there though! Maybe my hands were tired from working in such a tight space LOL
Wasnt there an allen screw to secure the end of the rope in the slot?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!