P700 Viper V2 4500 winch wiring

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is that really needed here?
I did it as insurance in case the stinger ever shorts out.
I can also kill power to fuse box and all accessories without having to pull the seat and disconnect the battery.

Reactions: Buggyman
infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did it as insurance in case the stinger ever shorts out.
I can also kill power to fuse box and all accessories without having to pull the seat and disconnect the battery.
Okay great. I picked up a kill switch I plan on using for that purpose.
You’ve been very helpful. Can’t wait until all the stuff is in and I can start wiring things up!

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looking at your actual wiring vs your drawing. You have the main battery coming into the stinger?

the winch goes the it’s block. And then you send black to your fuse box.
Is that right?

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looking at your actual wiring vs your drawing. You have the main battery coming into the stinger?

the winch goes the it’s block. And then you send black to your fuse box.
Is that right?
Read post #18 again.
in the picture, red is positive, black is negative.
you have to run heavy gauge cable from your battery to the winch contactor.
….I just used the contactor studs as a “distribution block” (as you are planning to use) to pull + & - for my fuse panel.

Reactions: Buggyman and infyx
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I mounted mine under the hood.
you can see it in the left side of the picture.

View attachment 371825

I mounted mine under the hood.
you can see it in the left side of the picture.

View attachment 371825
very similar set up with 3way marine switch in glove box. Accessories only run of second battery and are activated by toggle not key

20220109 125328 20210216 160958

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Sorry I see it now. Hard to see in the pic but I got it now.

P

Panhandlepilgrim

Mar 22, 2021
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alright, so back to the original reason for this post. Which way is up on this thing? My mount showed up so now I can bolt everything together.
Will someone be so kind as to post a photo of theirs installed? Thanks in advance. Lots of great info on here and I appreciate the discussion.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alright, so back to the original reason for this post. Which way is up on this thing? My mount showed up so now I can bolt everything together.
Will someone be so kind as to post a photo of theirs installed? Thanks in advance. Lots of great info on here and I appreciate the discussion.
Sorry! Didn’t mean to derail your thread. I will get some pics of mine when it comes in and I can get it on if you don’t figure it out before then.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Panhandlepilgrim So I got this all wired up. I ran new 6ga wires from the battery, under the floorboards and into the hood area.
I mounted the contactor on the right side.

Made wiring a breeze. I used the 12v key on that the club store sells a harness for.
Double sided taped the box for the wireless remote near the contactor.

IMG 0652
IMG 0654

These were taken before I finished...I forgot to take pics of the "finished" wiring.
Good chance I will need to redo the winch mounting...not sure if you saw my other thread, but mounting the 6k on the 700 mount was a nightmare.

Reactions: Smitty335
P

Panhandlepilgrim

Mar 22, 2021
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for posting. I got mine all done up and it works so that's a relief. The wireless remote is a disaster though. If the motor is on it reels in short bursts, likely caused by some kind of radio inference from the alternator. It has blown fuse written all over it so I will likely have to replace that.

Reactions: Smitty335
infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for posting. I got mine all done up and it works so that's a relief. The wireless remote is a disaster though. If the motor is on it reels in short bursts, likely caused by some kind of radio inference from the alternator. It has blown fuse written all over it so I will likely have to replace that.
Thats odd. Mine does not do that. The little blue wire on that box is the antenna, so make sure that is not grounding out or something. I used the remote to respool the winch and it worked the entire time without hiccup.

I think if I could do it all over again, I would probably pick up a WARN or Moose winch and mount.

I am already looking at aftermarket bumpers to mount the winch to so I can avoid the nightmare that is that mount.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!