P1000 2nd Battery?

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
What's everybody using for their 2nd battery in their P1K and how are you securing it? I've got the isolator just need to decide on the battery and how to secure it. I'm putting under the hood. Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

J

JTW

Amazon.com: Odyssey PC925 Automotive and LTV Battery: Automotive

I ran a cam buckle strap around mine.. there are two cross braces under the plastic on the front and rear sides of the second battery hole.. I just cut a slot for the strap and looped it all the way around.
IMG 2528

LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
LapZ

LapZ

Feb 27, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Optima 55ahr yellowtop under drivers seat

2ffa79ed68429a0f38ffe3e1b6c6f1cc.jpg

Have a aluminum bar under and over the battery clamping it in place.

I like the Optima battery but not sure it will fit under hood. I have everything ran to be set up under hood, I even ran 1" conduit to run wires to the back for future use. I will post some pics later on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

So u put the braces on the actual underside of the battery box? not in it? I think this is the set I will do
I didn't put any braces in.. everything is already there. I just ran a strap around everything and cut a small slit in the plastic.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the Optima battery but not sure it will fit under hood. I have everything ran to be set up under hood, I even ran 1" conduit to run wires to the back for future use. I will post some pics later on that.

Won't fit under hood , also puts weight higher which I was trying to prevent.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!