P1000 2W Lock in P on display?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2021 P1K-3 with 2300 miles. Sometimes the display will show 2W Lock when in P, most of the time it only shows 2W in P. The shifter lever is in 2W. Should it show 2W Lock in P all the time and, if so, why doesn't it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Reactions: Smitty335
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2021 P1K-3 with 2300 miles. Sometimes the display will show 2W Lock when in P, most of the time it only shows 2W in P. The shifter lever is in 2W. Should it show 2W Lock in P all the time and, if so, why doesn't it? Thanks in advance for any info.
Just like when you shift to 2w lock when driving sometimes it takes a few feet of travel for it to trigger the sensor, when you put it in park everything may or may not be lined up(parking pawl, locker) simply rocking the vehicle may make the sensors trigger.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes. It does go into 2W lock when in Park as designed.
It may show, may not.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thanks, just wondering cuz once and awhile I get a hard clunk when starting out in H? It seems to go into and out of 2W Lock pretty quick when I want it too so thinking that adjustment should be ok?

Reactions: Smitty335 and EMAW
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure I'm getting the whole picture, but here's some info:

Even if you're in turf mode, putting it in park will engage 2 Lock. This is Honda's "parking brake"

If it's making a loud clunk when you get started, it's likely because the rear diff is out of adjustment because it's shifting back from 2 Lock to Turf mode when you're taking off.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure I'm getting the whole picture, but here's some info:

Even if you're in turf mode, putting it in park will engage 2 Lock. This is Honda's "parking brake"

If it's making a loud clunk when you get started, it's likely because the rear diff is out of adjustment because it's shifting back from 2 Lock to Turf mode when you're taking off.
Thanks, I think you have the whole picture! The rear diff adjustment must just be a hair off as it happens only once in a long while. I just am not sure which way it would be a hair off?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My P1K5 stays in 2 Lock even when the shifter is in Turf mode. I can get it to go into Turf mode if I move the diff shifter in and out of Turf mode while driving very slow.

I have to get off my butt and adjust that. LOL.

• Haha
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just got off my butt and did a recheck on that diff adjustment and I found that it was off. It took awhile to get it right, I went back and forth on all of the adjustments and it seemed to work properly now with the rear left wheel jacked up. It has been over a year since I last did it. Had to watch a few u tubes to refresh my pitiful memory on how to do it.. Now I have to get off my butt again and take it for a spin to test it out! Lol! Thanks again for the help!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just got off my butt and did a recheck on that diff adjustment and I found that it was off. It took awhile to get it right, I went back and forth on all of the adjustments and it seemed to work properly now with the rear left wheel jacked up. It has been over a year since I last did it. Had to watch a few u tubes to refresh my pitiful memory on how to do it.. Now I have to get off my butt again and take it for a spin to test it out! Lol! Thanks again for the help!
I just hope those few loud clunks I had before didn't hurt anything.. 😔 🙏

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My target is to get it to engage / disengage within 1/2 turn of the wheel when it's up on a jack. It takes some patience going one way and another with that stupid flux capacitor, but once you get there you shouldn't have any more clunks.

Clunks freak me out.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My target is to get it to engage / disengage within 1/2 turn of the wheel when it's up on a jack. It takes some patience going one way and another with that stupid flux capacitor, but once you get there you shouldn't have any more clunks.

Clunks freak me out.
I got it to engage and disengage 2w Lock within 1/2 turn of the left rear wheel jacked up! Just took it for a short test ride and going from P to H and moving forward a few times and going from 2W to Turf and back a few times. Only thing now it takes a short distance for the display to show 2W Lock. Going from Lock back to Turf the display is almost instant when starting to move. Think I got it! Thanks! I hate clunks too, especially when loud and not expecting to hear it.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!