highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is somthing I worked on today. It's a plate to close off the big hole where the passenger seat rear bolts down on the console side.

Being able to drawn over the scans is helpful! We often do this for my day job but in a MUCH larger area for process piping in petrochemical plants.

These scans turned out very well!

I can now export the model (in red) and send to my 3d printer. Nerdy stuff by so much fun!

Firewall cover passenger inside v4

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks very awesome and the possibilities of the 3d printer are endless. I've made quite a few items for my 1000. Works great and if they break I just hit print again. My background is in solidworks for work, but I have been playing with Fusion 360 at home.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looks very awesome and the possibilities of the 3d printer are endless. I've made quite a few items for my 1000. Works great and if they break I just hit print again. My background is in solidworks for work, but I have been playing with Fusion 360 at home.
It is a total blast to be able to get things out of my head into my hand in a few hours! In less than 24 hours I have a quote to cut and bend these out of aluminum because I was able to print one and try first.

I've got 29 years of cad experience (my only carreer since college) which shortens the learning curve. My cad experience is not in the CAM environment so still learning with every project I take on. People wanting to strike out into 3d printing need to realize it's not for everyone and will require a lot of fast paced CAD learning. It's worth it if you're really interested in this stuff.

Reactions: tjoreo
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That is cool.
I like how your using the print to simulate other materials.

Maybe one day I’ll throw up some cad images of stuff I have worked on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!