P1000 4 point harness install

SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the kids harnesses installed on the rear seats, they also fit adults too. Next plans are for the front seats with a custom harness bar.

Image Image Image Image

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great idea. This will come in handy once my daughter is old enough to use them.

@Chuffer, In the first pic, you can see they are just looked around the seat frame.

Reactions: Chuffer
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@SMS239 do you feel the latch that keeps the seat from folding down is enough support for your new seatbelt setup to ensure safety of your passengers? I'm just wondering how much force it would take one to release. I'll have to inspect mine later to get a better feel for this mod. Also can you post a link to that harness?

Reactions: pct
SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job. Just curious how you attached the top. I have been wanting to install them on mine but haven't came up with a way to attach the top of the belts.

I loosened the bed plate,I looped them around the top seat frame bar ,and re tightend the bed plate

Reactions: pct and Chuffer
SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@SMS239 do you feel the latch that keeps the seat from folding down is enough support for your new seatbelt setup to ensure safety of your passengers? I'm just wondering how much force it would take one to release. I'll have to inspect mine later to get a better feel for this mod. Also can you post a link to that harness?

Obviously mounted to the rollbarwould be more secure, but I felt that Honda( to avoid lawsuits) made the latches well enough to keep the seat in place in the event of a roll over. The harnesses are for my kids, so I'm not going to be speed racing this thing around with them in it, they are just in case of the slow roll over on any trials I'm on.

N

Nash

Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2017
Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you loosen the bed plate? The screws/bolts feel like there is something holding them tight...

SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you loosen the bed plate? The screws/bolts feel like there is something holding them tight...

You will have to remove the upper bolts on the bed plate towards the top of the seat back, and loosen the rest. It is a tight fit but you can spread the bed plate from the seat back apart just enough to thread the harness through then secure the harness and tighten everything back up.

N

Nash

Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2017
Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Just had to man-handle the couple of bolts that seemed stuck.

Jayme327

Jayme327

Jun 4, 2019
pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you believe any harness will work? Do you have a link to those specifically?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have experimented with a similar set up but my roll cage has tabs for the upper part of harness welded in. I just don't like how the lap belt section the metal sticks out sideways, almost need and adapter that is twisted sideways. Of course its probably fine for most passengers and certainly would would work either way. Looks good

Reactions: Remington
SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you believe any harness will work? Do you have a link to those specifically?

Those were dragonFire Racing harnesses, I don’t have a link to them but any off-road retailer and Amazon will have those, they were the base 4 point model, just FYI I have now taken them off because the kids complained of them pulling up on their helmet when riding and it became a pain in the butt to get them tucked away, but I will put them back on when I buy a harness bar for the front seats from Brick City Fab.

Jayme327

Jayme327

Jun 4, 2019
pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!