P500 4 Point Seatbelt Harness

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I am curious about how many people are using a 4 point seatbelt harness, and if so which one. I know the 4 point harness improves safety, but how about comfort?

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have them in my P1K5 and love them. They keep u secure and u dont have the standard belt cutting into your shoulder. Takes a bit ti get use to tho. I would also recommend the standard seat belt latch type and not the racing latch. Quicker and easier especially for passengers.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am curious about how many people are using a 4 point seatbelt harness, and if so which one. I know the 4 point harness improves safety, but how about comfort?

Had them in the P5 and they sucked. They worked fine as far as holding you in but they were way too confining. Couldn't reach anything on the dash so ended up just using the lap belt most of the time. They were too cumbersome as well, getting into the machine you have straps jumbled up all over the place. Took mine out and put the factory seat belts back in. Some retractable ones would be the way to go.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Had them in the P5 and they sucked. They worked fine as far as holding you in but they were way too confining. Couldn't reach anything on the dash so ended up just using the lap belt most of the time. They were too cumbersome as well, getting into the machine you have straps jumbled up all over the place. Took mine out and put the factory seat belts back in. Some retractable ones would be the way to go.
This ^^^^ I put a set in the Talon for our RRB trip last year, took them back out once we got home. It depends on where & how you ride. If I were racing, in the mountains or driving on the edge all the time I'd take more time to get used to them. We didn't really need them, most of our riding is flat-ish trails at slower speeds with lots of stops getting in/out and they're a PITA for that type of riding. Which reminds me........ I need to list them on the 2021 T.O. swap page 🤔

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my P5 off a friend that bought it new. Right after he bought it, he put Pro Armor 4-pt harnesses in both sides. In the Fall that year we took the P5 on our annual out-of-state ride to South Dakota. The P5 was used by another friend's nieces, so that was good to have 4-points on them in the mountains. The following spring I bought it off him so he could go get a Talon. I drove the P5 3 times on trail rides with the 4-pt and yes, it did make you feel safe. But like Trigger pointed out- your movement is restricted.

The following year I ended up taking the 4-pt out and putting the lap/shoulder belts back in, mostly because we started riding as a family and the youngest's car seat was easier to put in the passenger seat with the factory belt. As well as my wife wanted nothing to do with the 4-pt belts.

Reactions: trigger
R

Rustell

I had the same experience as "Trigger". I'm glad that I kept the stock belts.

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You all need to quit being baby's, get fit, loose some weight so you can get in and out if them easier! 🤣

Honestly, the whole thing is just a preference 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing and 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!