P500 4 point belts needed ?

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
The area I ride is closely spaced pines with fallen trees and sm/med gullies max 20 ft. but steep. Like most , the more I ride the more I want to learn limits, hmm 2 wd or 4wd? ...can I make that tight turn near top? At some point I will prob learn the hard way , tip or roll over. If/when it Will be at low speed and at the stated 20 feetish max. Ideas on upgraded belts if needed or are the OEM belts adequate ?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Best Be SAFE !
Description of Riding Style depicts the " Need " Sooner or Later."<> Only Question is WHEN "
IF you RIDE -- ALONE -- ????
Carry & keep handy Sear Belt Cutting Device.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The area I ride is closely spaced pines with fallen trees and sm/med gullies max 20 ft. but steep. Like most , the more I ride the more I want to learn limits, hmm 2 wd or 4wd? ...can I make that tight turn near top? At some point I will prob learn the hard way , tip or roll over. If/when it Will be at low speed and at the stated 20 feetish max. Ideas on upgraded belts if needed or are the OEM belts adequate ?
Yes a 4 point harness.
for what machine? theres different configs

Reactions: Buggyman
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Best Be SAFE !
Description of Riding Style depicts the " Need " Sooner or Later."<> Only Question is WHEN "
IF you RIDE -- ALONE -- ????
Carry & keep handy Sear Belt Cutting Device.
Thanks for advice, yes most time ride alone. Do have basics in all my vehicles; glass breaker/seatbelt cutter/fire extinguisher/ First aid kit (extra blood clotters)

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P520, I'm 5'6" if that effects the configs
thats helps yes.
Im not 100% sure If u have this, but the P5’s have a bar in the back that folks can put the harness on.

Reactions: Buggyman
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Harnesses suck in a P5 unless you get the retractable type and from what I've read they get crud in the mechanism and don't always want to work right. They're too busy for that small cab and restrict your movement to the point it's annoying. You find yourself only using the lap belt so essentially, yes the factory belts are better IMO. Get a pad for them though for that cutting into your neck thing.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Harnesses suck in a P5 unless you get the retractable type and from what I've read they get crud in the mechanism and don't always want to work right. They're too busy for that small cab and restrict your movement to the point it's annoying. You find yourself only using the lap belt so essentially, yes the factory belts are better IMO. Get a pad for them though for that cutting into your neck thing.
agree with trigger, put a pad on seat belt and leave door nets on and your fine. Rolled mine, however it was a slow motion roll, and all was good. racing type harness and the choppy ride and limited movement isn't fun. If the machine could do 60+mph, and not 30mph then maybe.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!