P700 4 Seat Redo

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I saw a post on another thread about someone who had the seats in their 1000 redone and it gave me the idea that possible the bottom and back of my 700-4 could be worked over by an auto upholstery shop to make them something that does not give me a back and butt ache after 30 minutes of riding.

The 1000 owner said that his seats were like "buckboard" seats before he had them redone and that is about how mine affect me. I am thinking about calling around to some of the local shops to see if one of them wants to take this on but before I do that I wonder if anyone has already done this or has some other ideas.

Thanks

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw a post on another thread about someone who had the seats in their 1000 redone and it gave me the idea that possible the bottom and back of my 700-4 could be worked over by an auto upholstery shop to make them something that does not give me a back and butt ache after 30 minutes of riding.

The 1000 owner said that his seats were like "buckboard" seats before he had them redone and that is about how mine affect me. I am thinking about calling around to some of the local shops to see if one of them wants to take this on but before I do that I wonder if anyone has already done this or has some other ideas.

Thanks
I’m sure it can be done but not sure if that’s where I’d spend my money. For what that would cost, you may be better off to work on the suspension components to help soften the ride. Just my two cents.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Softening the ride is not my problem. The hard seats are. It won't help to make the ride softer if the seats are like sitting on a rock.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Softening the ride is not my problem. The hard seats are. It won't help to make the ride softer if the seats are like sitting on a rock.
Mine don’t seem that bad, I wonder if there’s a difference between years.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!