Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a pair of Foreman 500's. Both are 2007 or 2008.
Both are exhibiting the same symptom.

They crank, idle and rev great. 15-30 minutes later they die. Sometimes they cough. Sometimes they will restart. Sometimes they won't. Sometimes, I can get one home if you get the RPM up and don't slow down.

H

HondaTech

When they die, check for fuel in the bowl. Sounds like maybe a vent is clogged.

How long until they run again?

Reactions: BigOL3
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
When they die, check for fuel in the bowl. Sounds like maybe a vent is clogged.

How long until they run again?
I'm not sure how long. I left on out in a field for about 30 minutes and it cranked when I got back.

I opened the gas cap to verify fuel level and break any vacuum if the vent was plugged. That didn't help.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I had a similar issue years ago with my Step-dads, ended up being the CDI or voltage regulator.... dont remember which off the top of my head, maybe it's an all in one unit. Mounted on the frame rail under the RR fender. Reasonably inexpensive part at the time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!