TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An acquaintance I know bought a Polaris XPedition. Brand new. Couple of hundred miles on it

Kept smelling burning oil. No plumes of smoke. When parking, after riding, always smelling burning oil.

Parked in his shop and noticed small amount of oil underneath. Nothing in great quantities.

Further inspection showed a cracked engine case.

Dealer said they can't see it

He has contacted a regional rep.

He is an attorney.

I don't care what anyone wants to spend their money on. It's THEIR
money and they need to buy what best suits their needs and wants. They need to be happy.

I cannot imagine the disappointment and frustration. He works very hard, doesn't have a lot of free time for himself, at this point in his life. He is a fantastic husband and father and very selfless. He and his wife have five children from 2 to 15. Great family.

I hope he gets a positive resolution.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
An acquaintance I know bought a Polaris XPedition. Brand new. Couple of hundred miles on it

Kept smelling burning oil. No plumes of smoke. When parking, after riding, always smelling burning oil.

Parked in his shop and noticed small amount of oil underneath. Nothing in great quantities.

He is an attorney.

money and they need to buy what best suits their needs and wants. They need to be happy.

I cannot imagine the disappointment and frustration. He works very hard, doesn't have a lot of free time for himself, at this point in his life. He is a fantastic husband and father and very selfless. He and his wife have five children from 2 to 15. Great family.

Hopefully they step up and take care of it or go to a better dealer that can see.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

He is an attorney.

That sucks - sounds like a great guy

But doesn’t make sense - oil on floor, crack in case - it’s either cracked and leaking, it’s leaking from somewhere else, or not cracked, if dealer is playing the game - I have following what I would do IMO

Just go to another dealer - sound like ez warranty money for them
Add some dye and doublecheck
Just hold pedal to floor - if I was confident block was cracked, I’d crack it good and get it fixed.

Wish him well and wish their were actual pics of the ride and crack in block

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

He is an attorney.

There are some contradicting statements in your post @TxDoc.

First, you said he is an attorney. But then you said he works hard. Well, which is it? 😆

Seriously, I hope he gets things worked out. Worked out well enough to trade that thing in for a reliable Honda, that is.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He's fairly young and not a partner, so he's doing many cases or those that require a lot of hours. One day others coming up will be working and he'll be smoking cigars and having an easier life and owning a fleet of Honda machines. Maybe a Honda private jet 12e557bad1616bbf190e19b3a5483537

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My youngest is finishing up her junior year at Michigan State. Political Science - Pre-Law. Maybe she can buy me a fleet of Hondas one day 😁

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My boss got one back in the summer. The range sensor connector was broken and they had to "glue" it in with RTV.

What bulls***. And his brother runs the local dealership.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My boss got one back in the summer. The range sensor connector was broken and they had to "glue" it in with RTV.
Range sensor? What does that do, tell you how far you can drive before it catches on fire? 🔥

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!