P700 700-4 dual battery

L

Luk67

Jan 6, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys,
New to the site. Looking for info. on adding an aux. battery to 2021 700-4
Also, question about if second battery is even necessary for only adding back up lights and led bar in front.
Thx

Reactions: NewHere2
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
unless your planning to stop out in the woods and keep the lights on while the machine is not running then a second battery is not needed. I ditched the factory battery and put an automobile sized battery under the drivers seat, we don't ride at night much, but I do a lot of snow plowing so the larger battery suits my needs fine.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
What size larger battery did you install? Can you send a link to the exact one?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
LOL no link for the battery, its an autocraft (I think), my wifes cousin owns a pick and pull auto parts yard he gave me the battery about 5 years ago, so I have no link. It will not fit in the stock location, I made a mount to put it under the seat on the drivers side.

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 700-2 That I added a second battery system on. but I'm running a lot of lights and a front and rear winch's. According to the guy at my dealership there is no problem running a 50" light bar on the main battery!
I added the battery under the drivers seat had to build my own box for it I was only able to add a large garden tractor size battery and had to relocate the oil fill tube. start to finish it was about a 6 hour project but I'm a little OCD.

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 700-2 That I added a second battery system on. but I'm running a lot of lights and a front and rear winch's. According to the guy at my dealership there is no problem running a 50" light bar on the main battery!
I added the battery under the drivers seat had to build my own box for it I was only able to add a large garden tractor size battery and had to relocate the oil fill tube. start to finish it was about a 6 hour project but I'm a little OCD.

I added full size under drivers seat
397ff0e40792ea3aa8a98b6c67b2c5c0
9575f0e6b77451f92475bc81c3fe8413

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdaily3

Cdaily3

Jun 21, 2020
Washington state
Ownership

1. 700-4
In all reality is a secondary battery really necessary? I have fog lights, street legal kit, sound bar, and have never had an issue. That being said I don’t leave all that running with my engine off. I just added a winch and only plan to use it if I get stuck, and will only use it with the engine running. So as long as your engine is running and charging the battery that should be sufficient correct?

Reactions: NewHere2 and rgrin
cloleson

cloleson

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Nederland, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
In all reality is a secondary battery really necessary? I have fog lights, street legal kit, sound bar, and have never had an issue. That being said I don’t leave all that running with my engine off. I just added a winch and only plan to use it if I get stuck, and will only use it with the engine running. So as long as your engine is running and charging the battery that should be sufficient correct?

I think so. I added mine because I frequently use the stereo, and sometimes the light bar, in camp with the engine off. If you generally only use your accessories while running, I don't think you'll have any issues.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
All my accessories run off my second battery except my winch which can run off either or both. Engine and all OEM functions run off main. Have second fuse panel that runs accessories activated by rocker switch. I can use my accessories with out key. I will never be able to drain main battery by using accessories and the second battery still gets charged when running

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!