hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi Guys
I want to get a pioneer I an trying to decide witch is best for my use. I plan on mostly trail riding with my wife and 5 year old boy, Some light hauling around the house, and I also want power steering so the wife can also drive it.Should I get a 700 and add power steering,wait for the 700 deluxe or just get the 1000.I am in no hurry and will most likely wait to buy until spring unless I find a killer deal.I am leaning toward one of the 700"s I think the transmission will suit my riding style better,I will be doing alot of slow speed trail riding.
What is my best move? These things cost alot of coin and I want to do it right.
Thanks
Steve

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Hi Guys
I want to get a pioneer I an trying to decide witch is best for my use. I plan on mostly trail riding with my wife and 5 year old boy, Some light hauling around the house, and I also want power steering so the wife can also drive it.Should I get a 700 and add power steering,wait for the 700 deluxe or just get the 1000.I am in no hurry and will most likely wait to buy until spring unless I find a killer deal.I am leaning toward one of the 700"s I think the transmission will suit my riding style better,I will be doing alot of slow speed trail riding.
Thanks
Steve
Went from the 700-4 to the 1000-5. One of the main reasons for me was the turf mode, the 700 chewed up the grass, gravel driveway etc when using it around the property and without power steering it turned a little harder than my wife liked. Not sorry I took the hit on the 700 to go to the 1000.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Guys
Thanks
Steve
This is always a tough question to answer. The 1000 has a few more bells and whistles but in my opinion now with the addition of paddle shifters to the 2017 700, the only real advantages the 1000 has are power and top speed. You just have to decide how important those things are to you. find a dealer that lets you test drive each.

Another thing, the 1000 has much more aftermarket support. The aftermarket offers a lot for the 700 too, but since the release of the 1000 it seems r&d for the 700 stopped and I don't anticipate many new products coming out. I hope I'm wrong! I guess the bright side is we will start seeing more truly custom, one off 700 builds, like what @Gator and @d_b are doing. So, consider these things too, what are your future plans for your machine? Are you more of a "build it" or "buy it" or "leave it stock" kind of guy? Hope this helps!

hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Guys
I think I am going to wait until the new 700 deluxe shows up,and go from there.I will test drive both before I decide on either.

Reactions: Tflynn
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm there now, contemplating moving up to the 1000 deluxe.
I have a 2015 700-4 now with a few modifications. I went to the Takeover last year and was able to keep up with the 1000'except at top end speed. I also use my 700 a LOT around the property for all kinds of chores. I updated the tires, Commander shocks and added 4 point belts. It does need power steering!
So I think the 2017 model addresses most of these short falls. Just out of curiosity how many of you guys out there that moved up to the 10000 did so because they didn't like or it would do what the asked?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm there now, contemplating moving up to the 1000 deluxe.
I have a 2015 700-4 now with a few modifications. I went to the Takeover last year and was able to keep up with the 1000'except at top end speed. I also use my 700 a LOT around the property for all kinds of chores. I updated the tires, Commander shocks and added 4 point belts. It does need power steering!
So I think the 2017 model addresses most of these short falls. Just out of curiosity how many of you guys out there that moved up to the 10000 did so because they didn't like or it would do what the asked?

Hey Mike!

To answer you're question, i'm just a power junkie so I wanted to double my power without leaving the Honda brand.

Actually, to be able to cruise at 35-40 miles an hour without the engine screaming, that was a big plus. I rarely need to go 50 miles an hour or faster, but it's just nice to be able to run 35 or 40 miles an hour and the engine is still nice and quiet. Plus, I can get to 40MPH before the P700 can reach 20MPH

Turf mode! This is a big one for me since I drive a lot on concrete and asphalt. Also this vehicle does yard and property maintenance so the turf mode saves the yard.

Transfer case! This was also a another plus, 12 forward gears! Damn, they forgot about reverse......

Power steering..... this was another item that I had purchased separately for my pioneer 700. I'm going to have it either way, I would just rather it come on the vehicle vs me adding it.

Tilt wheel....nice feature. Really, I didn't care until I owned it for a couple weeks.

High and low beam headlights.... you've got to admit, the pioneer 700 headlights suck. The pioneer 1000 headlights are very good compared to the 700. However, I still felt the need to add five LED lights.

Manual transmission option.... I didn't really think I would like this feature but after a couple weeks of owning the vehicle, I fell in love with it. And this comes from someone who has always owned a manual transmission car or truck.

Height! Big deal here.... my pioneer 700 with 28 inch tires is taller than my pioneer 1000 with 30 inch tires. This means lower COG and it will fit in the garage without getting stuck.

The P700 wins the price battle easily and the torque converter gets my vote every day that ends in "Y" for the slow speed jobs like pulling a disc or other slow speed needs.

Mike, can I ride in your new pioneer 1000 when we meet at royal blue?

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You got it Joey,
This type of answer is Exactly what I was hoping for. Im still a little concerned about the clutch issues, but CP has eased that a little with him replacement thread. Im sure that there will sone be aftermarket clutchs that will solve the problems.
@hondapro I hope this helps a little.
Peer pressure is killing me!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!