P700 700-4 Power Steering Kit vs Honda Warranty

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone have any ideas if you install the EZ Steer PS kit will this void your factory warranty? I asked my dealer if they sold and installed the kits and I got a deer in the headlights response. Since my dealer won’t offer the PS kit as an option it makes me nervous they would use it as an easy way to refuse a warranty claim. Any thoughts?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I added PS and my dealer never questioned it.

Reactions: BillEwing
H

hydrantman

Had mine in for service a few times over the last 4 years since I installed power steering and my dealer has never said anything about it.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Does anyone have any ideas if you install the EZ Steer PS kit will this void your factory warranty? I asked my dealer if they sold and installed the kits and I got a deer in the headlights response. Since my dealer won’t offer the PS kit as an option it makes me nervous they would use it as an easy way to refuse a warranty claim. Any thoughts?
Most dealers will install them

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the information and responses. Ok I have done my best to not mention my dealers name here considering this forum is not here to report on retailers. But - My dealer Honda of Cool Springs came out today “a month after I purchased my machine” to deliver and replace my “upon first delivery” scratched windshield. The new windshield today had scratches worse than the one they sold me they agreed to replace. Would you not check it before you drove an hour to my house and waste my time too. I am not real happy at this point considering this is not the first questionable thing they have done. Sorry to vent but at this point I am not sure I would let them install the PS kit anyway....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!