P700 700 Deluxe front tire wear

M

Mulie

Dec 6, 2020
Northwest Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
2018 700 Deluxe every since I got new a year ago have smelled rubber when driving on road and could hardly push the thing on a concrete floor. Haven’t ridden it much and never got real deep into looking into issue other than looking it over and trying to find where the smell was coming from. For whatever reason I never thought to look at tire alignment but the other day in the shop I noticed how worn down the tires are getting in the outside. There is an obvious alignment issue is this common? Was there an issue from the factory? I’m gonna have to find the specs and do an alignment on it and I think my issues will all go away guess I should have looked a little harder into the issue before now.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
2018 700 Deluxe every since I got new a year ago have smelled rubber when driving on road and could hardly push the thing on a concrete floor. Haven’t ridden it much and never got real deep into looking into issue other than looking it over and trying to find where the smell was coming from. For whatever reason I never thought to look at tire alignment but the other day in the shop I noticed how worn down the tires are getting in the outside. There is an obvious alignment issue is this common? Was there an issue from the factory? I’m gonna have to find the specs and do an alignment on it and I think my issues will all go away guess I should have looked a little harder into the issue before now.

May or may not be the case with yours, but the factory front tires will get very choppy very quick on asphalt. I ran mine about 600 miles and pulled them because the rubbers was bad on the outsides. I guess from turning on hard surface???

I went with Terrabytes and they are running strong with zero wear that I can see so far.

M

Mulie

Dec 6, 2020
Northwest Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Y
May or may not be the case with yours, but the factory front tires will get very choppy very quick on asphalt. I ran mine about 600 miles and pulled them because the rubbers was bad on the outsides. I guess from turning on hard surface???

I went with Terrabytes and they are running strong with zero wear that I can see so far.
Yeah this looks like a wear issue you can see where the rubber is being aggressively scrubbed off the outside half of tire that coupled with the fact that I a 230 pound farm boy can barely move this thing on a concrete floor because of so much resistance. I previously had a 825i gator and could easily roll that thing around so I’m pretty sure there is something jacked with the alignment it is both tires and other than the road the only place it’s been is around the smooth yard so I know it’s not from anything being hit or damaged.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Y

Yeah this looks like a wear issue you can see where the rubber is being aggressively scrubbed off the outside half of tire that coupled with the fact that I a 230 pound farm boy can barely move this thing on a concrete floor because of so much resistance. I previously had a 825i gator and could easily roll that thing around so I’m pretty sure there is something jacked with the alignment it is both tires and other than the road the only place it’s been is around the smooth yard so I know it’s not from anything being hit or damaged.

Could very well be an alignment issue, but sounds more like my tires. The road was hard on them. Changed tires to more of a road tire that does great on every other surface I've had them on and no more issues.

Have had factory tires on every ATV I've ever had without issue, but I never had them on the road except for short periods of time. Got this danged thing and actually enjoyed riding the roads in the evenings so much that I put damned near 600 miles of asphalt and gravel on it before I ever even got it to the farm 😳

M

Mulie

Dec 6, 2020
Northwest Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Could you smell burning rubber after driving a mile down the road? It’s wierd they aren’t really cupping just like nice even excessive wear lol. I’ll check things out and maybe have to look into different tire but the damm thing barely has 450 miles on it that’s kinda sad to spend all that money and have it eating tires

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Could you smell burning rubber after driving a mile down the road? It’s wierd they aren’t really cupping just like nice even excessive wear lol. I’ll check things out and maybe have to look into different tire but the damm thing barely has 450 miles on it that’s kinda sad to spend all that money and have it eating tires
Do an alignment. 1/8” toe in. The tires they came with are soft for off road. If you do a lot of asphalt driving may want to consider something different. 😉

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

I dont remember smelling the rubber, but at 600 miles teh fronts were chewed up good I went ahead and pulled the tires just because I knew I would be on the hard surface more than I expected I would. When I did upgrade the tires, the Terrabites are much quieter on the road and more durable in the woods from punctures. Never thought I would need to upgrade, but definitely didnt see myself enjoying riding the roads as much either.

Sounds like @Mudwing has some good advice for the alignment. Hope it helps. get you a little more out of them.

Reactions: Mudwing
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
What @Mudwing said 1/8 toe in and run it.
Our brand new at the time 2019 700-4 deluxe was out just about 5/8" we aligned it in the barn and no issues since.

Last edited:
R

Runsenough700

Dec 22, 2020
Broward, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had about 13/16 toe in from factory. Didn't notice it until tires were wearing in an abnormal way and was walking up to if from a distance one day. It was a night and day difference once I aligned it and went back to do some road driving. Felt like it freed up the whole machine. Simple tape measure and a buddy will get you right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: livefromthetree

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!