BOX1

P700 700 dies after 45 min

B

Britt6699

Apr 28, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, need some help please. 2016 700 stalling after a half hour for no reason. Read a lot of post on here and have tried new ignition switch, new fuel pump, double check grounds, everytime we think we have it 45 to 60 minutes into the ride and it stalls. It will start back up but will stall again and again when put into drive. If it sets and completely cools down. Good to go again then in a bit it dies again. Oh yeah, not the vent tube. When I do find what it is I will post what the fix was. So many people on here never says what the fix was after everyone tries to help. Thanks in advance.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, need some help please. 2016 700 stalling after a half hour for no reason. Read a lot of post on here and have tried new ignition switch, new fuel pump, double check grounds, everytime we think we have it 45 to 60 minutes into the ride and it stalls. It will start back up but will stall again and again when put into drive. If it sets and completely cools down. Good to go again then in a bit it dies again. Oh yeah, not the vent tube. When I do find what it is I will post what the fix was. So many people on here never says what the fix was after everyone tries to help. Thanks in advance.
You've read this, right?

Reactions: FJC 79
B

Britt6699

Apr 28, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
After reading through it, it doesn’t seem like there’s one good solution. There’s a few things mentioned that I haven’t tried. Seems like this is like the plague for these bikes.

Reactions: FJC 79 and DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
After reading through it, it doesn’t seem like there’s one good solution. There’s a few things mentioned that I haven’t tried. Seems like this is like the plague for these bikes.
Nope...not yet.

The early models never had this issue. IIRC, the EPS models have an extra ground eyelet not on the regular or early models. It'd be interesting to do a poll and see if they are all deluxe models ( I may have already ask that question).

Whatever it is...it seems like most successful fixes have had to do with the gound side of things.

Reactions: Smittyp and FJC 79
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To follow up- it ended up being a short in the wire going into the fuel injector. Covered up exposed wires and was good to go.
Awesome. Thanks for the follow up

Reactions: Surfman221
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To follow up- it ended up being a short in the wire going into the fuel injector. Covered up exposed wires and was good to go.
Any idea how the wires got exposed?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!