Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
just want to say thanks and remembrance of the men that stormed the beach’s at Normandy France to fend off the Axis powers of Natzi Germany. Many good men lost there lives that day for our Country and many made there way through Germany to VE Day and home. These men and women , our Grandfathers some our Fathers, and Uncles need to be recognized and not forgotten, and those who have sacrificed there lives at the gates of hell on those beaches. This is a peace of history that is part that defines our Country.

Please share you thanks and any pictures, stories you may have of loved ones that made the great sacrifice on this day in 1944 Normandy France and beyond.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
F06994F8 F6DF 44C7 9A7B C03EBBEDCE60
This is my uncle Ashland who grew up in Kentucky and landed on Omaha beach in the Army. He carried a BAR and made it through Germany and then home. He has since passed away. He was a great humble man that didn’t like talking about his experience there. Above all he was a great American.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One of my grandmothers brothers was a medic on Omaha beach on D day, His name was Greg Katapotis . He marched through Germany and made it home. He then had a successful carrier as an Ann Arbor Mi police Detective. I have his flag he was required to carry in his pack as he stormed the beach and thought Europe. It has water stains from the English Channel when he came off the landing craft.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few years ago I spent the day in Normandy and walked the American cemetery as well as spent time walking Omaha beach and Pointe du hoc.

It was one of most sobering experiences I have ever experienced.

Looking at all the grave markers and realizing quite a few weren’t a day over 18 years old was incredibly sobering and forced you to think how trivial your own challenges were in comparison.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A few years ago I spent the day in Normandy and walked the American cemetery as well as spent time walking Omaha beach and Pointe du hoc.

It was one of most sobering experiences I have ever experienced.

Looking at all the grave markers and realizing quite a few weren’t a day over 18 years old was incredibly sobering and forced you to think how trivial your own challenges were in comparison.
I agree!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And all these Wars we've been in are started by politicians misleading the populace. Pretty sad?
In this case it was too crazy dictators Hitler and Mussolini and an emperor from the Empire of Japan. Those weren’t politicians

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!