JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would think 8” portals would need 8” rims. Maybe go to 9” if you want a little clearance for pebbles.

amirite @SuperATV ?
🤔..........I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no. Stock set up need at least a 12" rim to clear hub/rotor/caliper etc. Adding a 8" portal means you have to clear a bunch of more stuff mounted to suspension. I'm no expert but I think somewhere I read the 6" portals needed at a minimum a 15" rim...........I'd think the 8" portals would probably need around a 18" rim to clear. I'm sure @SuperATV would know for sure being as they are the only ones making the 8" portals (I think)???

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
🤔..........I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no. Stock set up need at least a 12" rim to clear hub/rotor/caliper etc. Adding a 8" portal means you have to clear a bunch of more stuff mounted to suspension. I'm no expert but I think somewhere I read the 6" portals needed at a minimum a 15" rim...........I'd think the 8" portals would probably need around a 18" rim to clear. I'm sure @SuperATV would know for sure being as they are the only ones making the 8" portals (I think)???
He can run Lawnmower wheels with 6“ spacers in there! TaDa!!!! 🥳

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It says 22” wheels minimum. But superatv visits this forum pretty regularly and will know the real answer
BA7CCB4D 6B55 49E4 9C56 D52F39F0A5DE
B7A0F7E5 772B 4370 B12D 5CAA7CE865AC

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!