RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1644
IMG 1643
Last night we got a call about 9:30pm, it was our daughter and son in law indicating they where stuck and needed some help. We got the gps coordinates from them, load up Big Blue, boards, shovels and head their direction. Upon our arrival, We see their Teryx is buried to the frame on all four. It looks like there was about 6" sand and then bottomless gu. I had used my Superwinch 4500 terra around the house and was impressed by what I could move but hadn't given it much of a test. This was definitely test out our winch setup. I need to mention that I had installed a dual battery setup with a True battery isolator and dam glad I did. Once we dug the front of the wheels out we hooked up the winch and started to winch him out. I put my bike in Neutral got in the bike and applied the brake. Pulled that Teryx right out, we had to winch it about 80'. If he applied any gas during the pull he would brake through the crust and down he d go. Finally just put his bike in neutral and winched him out all 80' with no assistance from the Teryx. I would have been worried with all the heavy pulling that it would have pulled the main battery down. I didn't have to worry about that thanks to the dual battery setup. I was really impressed with this winch for sure. I had one question for the group that I would like some input. When your winching someone else out should you keep your bike in neutral to keep the pressure off the tranny? Well we got our first save under our belt and couldn't be happier with our P1000-5D , Superwinch 4500 terra, Ture battery isolator, Odessey 925pc battery. My Daughter told my son-in law to get a winch ordered for their Teryx, I looked at my son-in law and we both just smiled.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great story. Glad it ended well. I've been happy with my 4500 as well. Its over 18 months old. I have stalled it out once. Buried so deep in mud we stalled it even using a snatch block.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great save! 4500 is great!

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You want to use the brakes in neutral I was witching on a Viking stuck I was applying pressure in reverse the bang it made I thought I destroyed my transmission. I put it in neutral finished witching the Viking and drove around in low, high and reverse and all gears worked I think I forced it out of gear. Everyone that was in ear shot thought I busted the transmission too.

Reactions: knuckledeep
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I think we worry about out winches too much. I used my Superwinch 3500 for 6 hours last weekend pulling a trencher up hill. Didn't break a sweat. Ran the machine occassionally. Love those Things!

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If he gets stuck again and you get his Teryx moving you can pull him out in reverse to speed it up. I only recommend it once what you are winching on is moving without a lot of strain on the winch.

Get a set of silverbacks then you could do circles around him laughing then winch him out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!