A Little Dirt Doesn't Hurt

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Hard short top and two piece optical-grade windshield installed. Just put a cargo net on it, but it didn't make this picture. Probably going to get a soft roof for the back and just leave it rolled up till I need it.

IMG 20130919 200757

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good..
I can not decide to get the roof or not..
Then do I want hard or soft roof?
So many questions.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
I knew I wanted a hard roof because I fear a soft roof would tear easily where I live/ride. I decided on the short one because I didn't want to have a height restriction what I could put in the bed, i.e. a tree to plant, etc. I figure if I get a soft roof for the back, when I don't have anyone in the back, I can just roll it up out of the way, or something, until I need it.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
How do you like that 2 pc windshield? That's maybe next on the list for me. I like that it can be remove easily and you still have a 1/2 or 1/4 windshield when you need more breeze. I have the full 4P plastic roof n love it.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
The windshield is nice, but I wish I would have paid the extra $100 for the hard coat version. I am already seeing some fine scratches on it. One thing to note, is to keep it in the open position you really have to crank the tensioners down. When it's open, it moves a lot of air, but it mostly goes overhead. Gives you fresh air, but not much of a breeze. I would definitely be quick and easy to remove the top part, but I don't know that the tiny small part with do much.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks chops! I'd like to get a glass windshield but I don't want a fixed one. Guess ill get the one with the hard coat.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Chops

My hard roof and two piece hard coat are still boxed and in my garage. I am flying home tonight to load up my 2 and head to the hills for a day. My question is what tools does it take to install those pieces? Can I do it in camp?

Thank you in advance!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Idahohntr - I don't have a windshield yet but I do know that it uses the same quick clamping system that the roof uses. I think you will need just a set of wrenches or sockets as I believe the lower section of the windshield is attached at the roll bar bolts adjacent the dash. That's what I gathered looking at the photos. You'll love how fast the roof goes on with the tool-less mounting clamps. But yea no prob installing at camp.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Sorry guys, didn't see that this thread had been updated. If windshield is easy. The bottom mounts up to the roll cage joint, and then you have to drill two holes in the dash for the to keep it from vibrating.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!