HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
How do I remove the steering wheel center cap on my Pioneer 1000?

I know it's simple. Can I insert the end of a medium-sized flat blade screwdriver under the edge of the center cap and flip it up?

When I bought it the steering wheel was at 1 o'clock when driving straight ahead. When I took it in for service a couple months ago I carefully explained the problem and asked the cute little female service writer with nice purple hair to have the tech remove the wheel, rotate it counter-clockwise to center, and reinstall. When I got the buggy back the steering wheel is at 10 o'clock when driving straight ahead.

I guess 1 o'clock and 10 o'clock on a round clock face are the same to a millennial?

I'd like to realign it myself.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm pleased to report my steering wheel is now correctly aligned when the buggy is moving forward. An impact wrench was required to loosen the 19mm nut. I don't work on anything any longer but fortunately I still have an air compressor in my garage and an old pneumatic impact wrench so I was able to do the job.

The video was perfect for my task.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your alignment before removing your steering wheel to re-center. You may be dog-walking down the trail...

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!