P1000 a trailer wheel that will bolt to the pioneer to act as a spare?

P

panaman

Dec 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
has anyone found a small thin trailer wheel that will bolt up to a pioneer to act as a spare to limp out of the woods? my idea is to find something thin enough that will fit between the rear seats and the tailgate on a 1000-5

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don't know that I'd trust a tire/wheel combo that thin.

A bed extender gives you more room behind the rear seats for stuff. You can also install a spare tire carrier, either by itself (e.g., a trailer hitch model) or one that mounts to a bed extender or rack on the rear. You can also put a short roof rack on the roof and toss it up there.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
has anyone found a small thin trailer wheel that will bolt up to a pioneer to act as a spare to limp out of the woods? my idea is to find something thin enough that will fit between the rear seats and the tailgate on a 1000-5
4x136 is the correct bolt pattern. 4x137 will work and is more common. Most use a factory front 12" wheel for a lightweight spare. My advice is get a sidewall slug from the forum store and a decent plug kit. Those two thing can fix most flats you'll encounter short of a broken wheel. As an added benefit the plug kit and side wall slug are much lighter and more compact that a spare. I have a full size spare and stopped carrying it. If running beadlock wheels an inner tube is a reasonable trail repair also

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4x136 is the correct bolt pattern. 4x137 will work and is more common. Most use a factory front 12" wheel for a lightweight spare. My advice is get a sidewall slug from the forum store and a decent plug kit. Those two thing can fix most flats you'll encounter short of a broken wheel. As an added benefit the plug kit and side wall slug are much lighter and more compact that a spare. I have a full size spare and stopped carrying it. If running beadlock wheels an inner tube is a reasonable trail repair also
👆👆👆👆👆This👆👆👆👆👆👆
Not to mention the space you will save as well.

Reactions: Lady01 and Ohio4x4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!