P1000 Added some New STI HD3 wheels and Tusk Terrabite Radials

Manshoon

Manshoon

Jul 5, 2016
Eastern Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Do not currently own
I have always wanted something better then the stock ride that came with my 2016 P31000, as the stock tires are great in the snow, the feel and the ride quality on the pavement sucks something terrible.

I went to a few places and tried to figure out what I wanted/needed but then ended up at Rocky Mountain ATV web site, Tire/wheel package builder, which also sucks. The online builder It isn't very user friendly. So I call and order from some random the girl on the other end of the line.

Three questions that I had for her were " Do the packages come mounted and balanced " Will stock lug nuts work with the new wheels, Do I have everything I need " Her reply, " yes to all " in actuality, No they don't.
They come mounted but not balanced, stock lug nuts wont work, so I didn't have everything. I got the package about 5 days later. Called customer service and told them what I was told and sold, then after refusing their up sale pitch for special security lug nuts and tool, I was sold new lug nuts.

The lug nuts showed up about 4 days later, only to have 15 of the right kind thread pitch show up and 1 wrong. This time I called up Rocky Mountain ATV livid. After another 10 minutes explaining what, where, when, they shipped 1 lug nut out snail mail that I still haven't received, That was 4 days ago.

Les Schwab being 35 miles down the road from me had what I needed, so a quick drive to them, I was given the lug nut for free with no mention of my plight. I haven't done any high speed runs down the road yet with the new digs, but they are smoother. Moral to my story, Rocky Mountain ATV is comical at best, buyer beware.

Pictures to follow soon.

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, that would be a bum experience but I would encourage you to give them another try down the road. While there have been reports of a few experiences that did not meet expectations, many on here have had great experiences with them. So while your experience turned out to be a disappointment I don't think that is their track record.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear your transaction went poorly. I bought 5 terrabites mounted on some method wheels and the transaction was flawless. Did the wheel tire builder online (seemed straight forward to me) and even got a courtesy call to confirm someone wasn't hacking my c.c. Order to arrived ahead of schedule, well packaged, and in good shape.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Uh... hello?

Thread

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
Manshoon

Manshoon

Jul 5, 2016
Eastern Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Do not currently own
Alas the new wheels. And Yes I get it, everyone has a bad day. My order unfortunately was spread out over three of someone Else's bad days. Lug nut showed up in yesterdays mail, two weeks after the original order.

This isn't a Bash RM ATV thread but, just a WAKE THE F*** UP, RM ATV thread, so someone else doesn't have to experience the same thing I did. I have been doing business with them for over 15 years
20180706 131649

Reactions: mjn and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alas the new wheels. And Yes I get it, everyone has a bad day. My order unfortunately was spread out over three of someone Else's bad days. Lug nut showed up in yesterdays mail, two weeks after the original order.

This isn't a Bash RM ATV thread but, just a WAKE THE F*** UP, RM ATV thread, so someone else doesn't have to experience the same thing I did. I have been doing business with them for over 15 yearsView attachment 80419
Nice! I tried to buy wheels and tires from RM, but I wanted 6+1 for the front and 5+2 for the rear, not available says them, called local motor cycle shop at 5:45 PM, told them what I was looking for, was expecting them to call me back the next day with price, guy says he'll call me back in 5 minutes, he did. I was expecting to wait for a couple of weeks. But no, he said the wheels and tires were coming from three different places and he was sorry and he couldn't have them mounted until 5:00 PM the next day. That's something else order wheels and tires at 15 minutes till closing and pick them up the next day! Moon and stars must have been in perfect alinement. Freedom Power Sports, Fayetteville AR, they don't even sell Honda's

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

This isn't a Bash RM ATV thread but, just a WAKE THE F*** UP, RM ATV thread, so someone else doesn't have to experience the same thing I did. I have been doing business with them for over 15 yearsView attachment 80419

Did you go with 12" wheels/tires?

Regardless, I really dig those HD3's. They are at the top of my list right now. Looks good!

BTW... where in E Washington are you??

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!