P500 Adding an extra battery

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Today I got around to installing my duel battery setup on my 500. I bought the Warn duel battery control kit a couple of months ago, along with a 12" led light bar. I got both of them put on today, I'll get a couple of pictures later. What I wanted to pass on while I was thinking about it is this. The warn instructions were very good and complete, but here's what I learned in hindsight.

The biggest pain in the butt part of the kit was running the battery cable from the solenoid back to the original battery. I after I finally got the cable ran I saw that the cable already running from the battery to the winch contactor up under the hood was the same size and it has to be disconnected and ran to the new extra battery. So instead of running the new cable just unhook the winch power cable from the winch contactor and hook it up to the new solenoid and then run a new positive cable from the winch contactor to the new battery. If I had figured this out first it would have saved me 45 minutes and lots of bad words and scraped hands.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
nice find thats a helpful hint for ppl in the future

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
I have an interest in this additional battery project, if you get bored some day can you take some photos, and do a brief write up, basic stuff like what the dual battery kit costs, what battery you used for the extra battery. thanks for posting.

Reactions: Sxsnewbie

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!