Battery Question thread Health Update

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Several people commented about getting an update on my health. In 2020 I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. It had metastasized to every bone in my body, some lymph nodes and a couple spots on my lungs. As of December I have NO active cancer and my PSA was 0.008 (It started out at 194). The man upstairs truly performed a miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Several people commented about getting an update on my health. In 2020 I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. It had metastasized to every bone in my body, some lymph nodes and a couple spots on my lungs. As of December I have NO active cancer and my PSA was 0.008 (It started out at 194). The man upstairs truly performed a miracle.

What type of treatment did you have?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Congratulations on Negotiating One of Life's many Curves.
Some sure are more difficult than others.

"Enjoy EVERY Day you Have" on This Side of the Grass.

If only the Good Die Young & I'm as Bad as They Say.
Figure Good for We'll Over 100

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
What type of treatment did you have?

In 2020 they started me on hormone therapy and chemotherapy. The hormone therapy reduces the testosterone which is what the prostate cancer feeds on. By July of 2020 I was in remission. In December 2021 they found a spot on my back and they did radiation. December 2022 they found a spot on my right femur and did radiation again. In 2023 my PSA started rising. I went through 5 rounds of chemo. It was only party effective. In August of 2023 I started a new treatment with a drug called Pluvicto. I was scheduled to have 6 rounds of it, 1 every 6 weeks. After 3 treatments they did a PET scan and could not find any active cancer. The PSA was tested at 0.008 which is the lowest they can test. I still get hormone therapy every 3 months. This was all done through the Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis, IN

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In 2020 they started me on hormone therapy and chemotherapy. The hormone therapy reduces the testosterone which is what the prostate cancer feeds on. By July of 2020 I was in remission. In December 2021 they found a spot on my back and they did radiation. December 2022 they found a spot on my right femur and did radiation again. In 2023 my PSA started rising. I went through 5 rounds of chemo. It was only party effective. In August of 2023 I started a new treatment with a drug called Pluvicto. I was scheduled to have 6 rounds of it, 1 every 6 weeks. After 3 treatments they did a PET scan and could not find any active cancer. The PSA was tested at 0.008 which is the lowest they can test. I still get hormone therapy every 3 months. This was all done through the Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis, IN

Awesome. I wish you luck in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

Glad to hear you're kicking it's ass. God bless and good luck!

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500

Today marks 4 years to the day that I found out I had cancer. Things are so different today from the day I found out.

Parttime

Parttime

Feb 24, 2021
West Monroe La
Ownership

1. 500
Cancer sucks those that personally gone through it know how debilitating it is. The unfortunate part is that family members can only watch and pray. I know I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I happy to hear that you’re doing better.

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Cancer sucks those that personally gone through it know how debilitating it is. The unfortunate part is that family members can only watch and pray. I know I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I happy to hear that you’re doing better.

I hope and pray that you get the healing you need.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That’s an awesome turn around! 🙏🏻for continued clean scans and checkups

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🙏🏻

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Dude... This is awesome news.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

Hell yeah! Good fight man!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!