P500 Battery Questions

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I plan on doing a 2 battery setup. I have a 2015 Pioneer 500. I just mounted a winch and will need to wire it in. From what I see a battery isolator is desirable. I would like a buss bar or at least an access point up front to be able to add any other accessories I might install later. I have a LED light bar up front and plan on adding LED lights to the rear on a separate switch. I have seen also that is recommended to have 2 identical batteries. Is this an absolute?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to bomb this thread
But you have 3 posts and no pics of this rig yet!
POIDH

I’m sorry I haven’t gotten pics yet. I have a lot going on in my life. The biggest of which is fighting cancer. It was diagnosed in early 2020 and by the grace of God I am still here. I shouldn’t be as it was stage 4 when they found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m sorry I haven’t gotten pics yet. I have a lot going on in my life. The biggest of which is fighting cancer. It was diagnosed in early 2020 and by the grace of God I am still here. I shouldn’t be as it was stage 4 when they found it.

Sorry to hear that. Hope
All goe well for you.
If you have that much going on, why would you get a sxs? I would think that would be the last on ur list of something complicated. That would really throw a wrench in things mainly having time to even ride it. Just curious

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to hear that. Hope
All goe well for you.
If you have that much going on, why would you get a sxs? I would think that would be the last on ur list of something complicated. That would really throw a wrench in things mainly having time to even ride it. Just curious

I love to hunt and fish. I also love to ride it with my gf. She lives in a rural area. We took it for a ride the other day and saw 19 deer. I did have a Honda Rancher but almost fell a couple of times getting on and off. This is so easy getting in and out. I can only walk a short distance without running out of breath. This allows me to still enjoy nature.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I love to hunt and fish. I also love to ride it with my gf. She lives in a rural area. We took it for a ride the other day and saw 19 deer. I did have a Honda Rancher but almost fell a couple of times getting on and off. This is so easy getting in and out. I can only walk a short distance without running out of breath. This allows me to still enjoy nature.
Good you can get outside!
Dont know how that effects pics tho🤔
I had some basil cell melanoma’s removed.
Nothing like stage 4 and all but I know how depressing it can be to get out and do things. But u have to keep on a goin or it will eat you up.
My wife works with skin cancer some are worse than others.

Take a pic and post it up when u get some time or feel up to it.
In assuming your not the first owner?

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I am the 3rd owner. A gentleman from Terre Haute, IN bought it new. My buddy bought it last year. He came across a John Deere SxS and bought it so I bought the Pioneer. It has a roof, Honda tilt windshield, back window, doors, outside mirrors, inside mirror and a winch.

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I see there are at least 4 battery isolators in the HondaSxS store. Any recommendations? Recommendations on a second battery?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I see there are at least 4 battery isolators in the HondaSxS store. Any recommendations? Recommendations on a second battery?

If u select your rig on the store home page, should show u the one for your rig unless they added more?

Mighty max is a good second batt
Theres also many other options people used. Can be foubd in the search up top

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

The kit with the volt meter is the most common.

Really only difference is additional items. wires, voltmeter.
But there is a huge difference between the Lithum version vs regular.
If you add a lithium battery, you MUST get the lithium isolator.

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Here are finally some pics. I have added a winch in the front but it still needs wired up. It is shown on my 6x8 trailer

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
28598dcfb5fb90a36e7e7628db88d174

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

🙏🏻for your battle. Keep fighting! I look forward to reading you got clean scans back and kicked it’s ass!

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I am on my way. I have the battery isolator, fuse block, and dual voltage gage. I did find out the main battery is lithium (good thing I got the lithium isolator). Any suggestions on battery size fir the aux battery?

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!