R

Rhelton10

Oct 4, 2024
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4
Hi everyone,

About to purchase a '25 700-4 Deluxe and would appreciate some advice on accessories from those of you who that already have them try and help prevent any buyer's remorse on my end.

Primary users are going to be my 72 yr old parents around their property for light trail riding. My wife and I will also use it for recreation and for helping out around their farm. Update: It'll be very rare that we have 4 adults riding at the same time, I just like having the option of the rear seats as a backup.

1) Winch - is the Honda / Warn winch worth the dealer price or have you found better options aftermarket?
2) Top - Looking at the full hardtop that also covers the back but wondering if it gets in the way of using the dump bed? Have you found another option (OEM or aftermarket) that you prefer over Honda's hardtop?
3) Windshield - I'd like to get something to help out with wind chill in the winter but to allow enough air flow during the summer. Looking at the OEM 2-piece poly; any advice between the optical vs hard coat? Any other options that you have found that you like better?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Last edited:
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi everyone,

About to purchase a '25 700-4 Deluxe and would appreciate some advice on accessories from those of you who that already have them try and help prevent any buyer's remorse on my end.

Primary users are going to be my 72 yr old parents around their property for light trail riding. My wife and I will also use it for recreation and for helping out around their farm.

1) Winch - is the Honda / Warn winch worth the dealer price or have you found better options aftermarket?
2) Top - Looking at the full hardtop that also covers the back but wondering if it gets in the way of using the dump bed? Have you found another option (OEM or aftermarket) that you prefer over Honda's hardtop?
3) Windshield - I'd like to get something to help out with wind chill in the winter but to allow enough air flow during the summer. Looking at the OEM 2-piece poly; any advice between the optical vs hard coat? Any other options that you have found that you like better?

Welcome from Ohio. check the club store up top for your winch. Honda roof is tough to beat nomo they are indestructible and should not interfere. seems like most like the flip up windshield but others with more experience will be along to help you spend your money. POIDH post up some pics when you get your new buggy.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone,

Primary users are going to be my 72 yr old parents around their property for light trail riding. My wife and I will also use it for recreation and for helping out around their farm.

1) order a winch from the club store. PM HondaSxS for a discount
2) Go OEM
3) SuperATV split flip up. Order from the club store and PM HondaSxS for a discount

IMHO

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Good morning and thanks for stopping by to ask your questions.
Many of us have stared with the 700 and have moved up to the Pioneer 1000.
The 700 is an awesome machine, but is a little under powered for much trail riding.

(1) If you have some basic skills the forum store has a much more budget friendly winch options.
(2) The OEM top is the best option in my opinion.
(3) Super ATV flipup windshield is the most popular option.
The rear top and cage does interfere with the ease of use of the rear bed, but is nice to keep stuff out of the sun and rain.( 5 seater). Avaliable in forum store
The 5 seater is not very easy to get adults in the rear seats. If your looking good to use primarily for transportation of 4 adults i would suggest the Pioneer Crew.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning and thanks for stopping by to ask your questions.
Many of us have stared with the 700 and have moved up to the Pioneer 1000.
The 700 is an awesome machine, but is a little under powered for much trail riding.

(1) If you have some basic skills the forum store has a much more budget friendly winch options.
(2) The OEM top is the best option in my opinion.
(3) Super ATV flipup windshield is the most popular option.
The rear top and cage does interfere with the ease of use of the rear bed, but is nice to keep stuff out of the sun and rain.( 5 seater). Avaliable in forum store
The 5 seater is not very easy to get adults in the rear seats. If your looking good to use primarily for transportation of 4 adults i would suggest the Pioneer Crew.
The P1K6 is definitely the better more than two adults people mover.