BOX1

P700 Buying advice

B

Burton

Mar 3, 2022
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hello, I'm looking to buy a sxs and it seems like the Pioneer 700-4 would be the best fit for our family. I understand they are in high demand and have had no luck tracking one down. The occasional one I see used is significantly over MSRP and/or looks like it has been through the ringer but still sells quickly. Is this supply/demand imbalance out of the ordinary and should resolve itself in a year or two or is it standard operating procedure?

How do you recommend I proceed? I've reached out to a couple dealers over the last few months about 2021 models they had posted or shown on their website but they were already sold and at the time they didn't know when they'd be getting new ones in. 2022 models I now gather might be available around July, do I talk to a few dealers and try to get on a waitlist with the one I like?
  • Budget - about 15k after taxes/fees/etc but could go up a bit more if needed.
  • We have three kids under 10 and majority of the time it would just be me and the oldest two, occasionally another adult rider or the youngest when they are a bit older.
  • We would primarily use on maintained atv trails, flat dirt roads, and old logging roads near a family cabin in northern MN in the summer & fall.
  • I'm a bigger guy so ideally I'd like to test drive before committing but in the current market that doesn't seem realistic.
  • Would like to have in May/June but willing to wait.
  • In an ideal world I'd find a "like new" at a discount but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, I'm looking to buy a sxs and it seems like the Pioneer 700-4 would be the best fit for our family. I understand they are in high demand and have had no luck tracking one down. The occasional one I see used is significantly over MSRP and/or looks like it has been through the ringer but still sells quickly. Is this supply/demand imbalance out of the ordinary and should resolve itself in a year or two or is it standard operating procedure?

How do you recommend I proceed? I've reached out to a couple dealers over the last few months about 2021 models they had posted or shown on their website but they were already sold and at the time they didn't know when they'd be getting new ones in. 2022 models I now gather might be available around July, do I talk to a few dealers and try to get on a waitlist with the one I like?
  • We have three kids under 10 and majority of the time it would just be me and the oldest two, occasionally another adult rider or the youngest when they are a bit older.
  • We would primarily use on maintained atv trails, flat dirt roads, and old logging roads near a family cabin in northern MN in the summer & fall.
  • I'm a bigger guy so ideally I'd like to test drive before committing but in the current market that doesn't seem realistic.
  • In an ideal world I'd find a "like new" at a discount but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.
just saw this on Craigslist. It is in the Minneapolis area I think. Just FYI if it looks any good to you.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

welcome from Ohio and hope you find something.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

This supply issue will last for a while. I would call every dearer with in a 100 miles radius and get put on every one of their lists. Picking a color is not going to be and option, because the ones coming availible are cancelled orders. The 700s are very reliable out of the box.It’s people doing stuff to them is Why I wouldn’t buy a used one.
Good luck to you

Reactions: Burton and FJC 79
D

Dadio

Feb 6, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
FWIW: I had money down for eight months for a 700-4, got a call from the dealer for one that was available because a guy flaked on his order, it was different (but better) color with a couple add ins installed, paid $14,700. Seems like your options are be patient, be willing to go with any brand available, or pay new price for used. At least around here.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!