Talon After market tach

Jschmitt1

Jschmitt1

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
Installed an aftermarket tach yesterday...does anyone else think the factory tach is a pain to see?
KIMG0032

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
Going to run a DJ PV3 for a behind the wheel tach on mine.

something like this, dual purpose at this point, can flash the ecu and use as a gauge cluster. Fuel moto has them on sale for $353 shipped with a still running Black Friday promo.
Upload 2019 12 8 9 54 10

Reactions: Russ989 and BWAF
Jschmitt1

Jschmitt1

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
I don't mind the speedometer I can glance and see it but I like having an easy to see tach and next on my list is a real temperature gauge....love the talon but Honda did kinda drop the ball on the gauges

Reactions: monaco and BWAF
Jschmitt1

Jschmitt1

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
They make a kit that moves the whole gauge cluster right in front of the steering wheel
Yeah but the whole cluster is too small and too busy for my taste..and the fact that it has four dots for temperature

Sowie

Sowie

Dec 7, 2019
Bunnell, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know where to buy the relocation kit and what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

ryan2121

Oct 14, 2019
Ohio
Anyone know where to buy the relocation kit and what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using the relocation kit that avenger Motorsports sells. It comes with everything needed and they give you a choice of 10 different options for the blank off panel where the gauge was factory.

F91F32B7 DD15 4F07 B073 0BBC3542EB70 1C441A0B 2389 4881 8891 7518A983162D 1C9B21F4 5C8C 4886 B630 BD036C4C9F9E

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
S

Smoke974

Mar 28, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
What wire did u tap into to run the tach itself
@Jschmitt1 I have the same question. I would like to add an aftermarket shift light for MT mode. The rev limiter is good to listen for but once you hear it your losing time on the track. Some aftermarket shift lights allow you to set a "light on" RPM and a Rev Limiter RPM. That's what I want so I can adjust shift points in MT mode as I see fit.

S

Smoke974

Mar 28, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Jschmitt1 I have the same question. I would like to add an aftermarket shift light for MT mode. The rev limiter is good to listen for but once you hear it your losing time on the track. Some aftermarket shift lights allow you to set a "light on" RPM and a Rev Limiter RPM. That's what I want so I can adjust shift points in MT mode as I see fit.
So I ordered an MSD Programable Shift Light that comes with a GMR pickup that I should be able to connect to one of the wires on one of the coil packs. We'll see how that goes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!