Air filter replacement - Talon

Honda4lifeKS

Honda4lifeKS

Feb 16, 2024
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Going to do the 1080 filter add on but what replacements are best for the OE filter? Seems like UNI is widely recommended. Which UNI is it?

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep, once you have the 1080 snorkel, the stock filter will last 'forever' and it's the best filter available anyway. I'm still using the original filter at 13,000 miles but I'm using a UNI prefilter because 1080 hadn't come out with his yet.

The filter at 6067 miles -

I THfbZb9 X2

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
If you're referring to a replacement for the OEM main air filter then Uni does not make one. There are very limited choices. Twin Air foam, K&N. Not sure if R2C still makes their air filter. I use and sell the All Balls OEM spec air filters. They work great.

I've been after Desert Craft to make a main air filter with their super great synthetic media but they aren't yet set up to make panel filters. But when they do I'll be ready! Their main filters they make for RZR and Can-am are the best out there.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just to avoid any confusion @Honda4lifeKS , with the 10-80 ( @highpocket74 ) kit you'll still use your main air filter, the snorkel kit is a pre-filter......just in case that's what you're asking. As for the pre-filter, that's really your choice, some prefer the Desert Craft, I used the oiled Uni-Filter, it seems to perform better in my area

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
don’t screw with any other filter to replace the OEM - stick with OEM - there is nothing wrong with the stock air filter - it’s primo

Don’t try cleaning it , reverse air, etc…..

don’t buy the snake oil of HP gains, blah, blah, blah…….

the pre filters above all work outstanding if ya don’t want to spend money on air filters every few hundred miles

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just to avoid any confusion @Honda4lifeKS , with the 10-80 ( @highpocket74 ) kit you'll still use your main air filter, the snorkel kit is a pre-filter......just in case that's what you're asking. As for the pre-filter, that's really your choice, some prefer the Desert Craft, I used the oiled Uni-Filter, it seems to perform better in my area
Definitely do not remove the OEM air filter in the air box and only run an external filter!!

Reactions: Rayger143 and 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!