ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had a club ride at Stony Lonesome OHV in Bremen, AL this weekend and in speaking with the park I found out they are spearheading the ability to register and tag for street legal use SxS in the State of Alabama. If it goes through it will be a step forward for OHV use in the state and open thousands of acres of adjacent US Steel and Drummond coal land that is unsuitable for any use other than off-roading to a new use. This land was once “open” as outlaw trail systems 25+ years ago but as people accessed and explored it the wrong types of people caused a multitude of issues and the owners shut off the access that they had once turned a blind eye to.

This would mean parks and trail systems could spring up all over Central and North Alabama where these strip mines once were. There are 100’s of thousands of acres of land that these companies still own that they are trying to get rid of all over the northern half of the state where the geology is favorable for limestone, marble, coal, iron, and natural gas production, and even a few gold mines that have long since stopped producing. It’s not all contiguous and would require riding pavement between access which is why this legislation is so key.

This would bring revenue to small towns and poorer areas of the state in much the same way it has in the other Appalachian states that once relied on mining and oil/gas. The ability to ride into town to get gas, food, even shop would be of great benefit to these areas. Lodging, food, and retail could begin to boost the economy in small towns all over the state.

This ability to make a SxS street legal could make Alabama a step closer to what other Appalachian states have already done.

Please contact your representatives in Montgomery to get them on board. I will be sending out letters this week and making phone calls.

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If it were to pass what would be required of out of staters?

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope they change the rules here in Alabama. It's pretty sad I have a street legal golf cart with a VIN but cant get me Pioneer street legal which is way safer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement
J

jfwilkins

Jan 20, 2020
tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon X
im glad i live in Tn no big issue to be street legal. we country cruise county roads in our Talon alot. class 1 offroad plate and liability insurance. My wife and i consider date night cruising backroads into town and getting a pretzel at Sonic.

MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ohanacreek if you see somthing coming at stony lonesome could you give me a shout. Should have skids on in a couple weeks..I just saw I am only around 6 hours from you...in the future i would love to hook up

Reactions: ohanacreek
D

DDDonkey

I hope they change the rules here in Alabama. It's pretty sad I have a street legal golf cart with a VIN but cant get me Pioneer street legal which is way safer.

Here in AZ you can get them both street legal, but if my kids ride in the golf cart no helmet required, in the Pioneer, Helmet required. Some of these golf carts can do 40-50 mph with no roll cage, I don't understand some state laws.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The street legal rules really make no since. The lawyers and polticans just make up what they want. Here in Alabama i just canceled my golf tag because it went up $300 due to it being a electric car. The tag is double the cost of my F350. The only reason we had a tag is for the state parks we go to that require tags to use them.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The street legal rules really make no since. The lawyers and polticans just make up what they want. Here in Alabama i just canceled my golf tag because it went up $300 due to it being a electric car. The tag is double the cost of my F350. The only reason we had a tag is for the state parks we go to that require tags to use them.

Alabama laws make no sense , there’s a law on the books that says you can’t put an ice cream cone in your back pocket on a Wednesday. We have the longest constitution in the world by a factor of 3 and I would dare say the politicians are as corrupt as those in Chicago or NYC but drive trucks and wear wranglers on the weekends.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!