Alaskan Cruise Ideas

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, completely off topic (Hence the off topic forum) but the wife and I with some friends are doing the Carnival Alaskan cruise this summer. We were asked about different activities and excursions and I don't have a clue. Have any of you done this cruise before and have suggestions on things to do or not do?

Appreciate it!
Nick

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What ports are you going to be in?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What ports are you going to be in?

725c51ddecc8ced18d33f9fe399f5655

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Hey guys, completely off topic (Hence the off topic forum) but the wife and I with some friends are doing the Carnival Alaskan cruise this summer. We were asked about different activities and excursions and I don't have a clue. Have any of you done this cruise before and have suggestions on things to do or not do?

Appreciate it!
Nick
Find SxS rentals at each stop.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Appreciate it!
Nick
Ketchikan is a neat town. Third largst in the state. You can go on a small plane tour..pretty cool

Reactions: Ragnar406
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We did a UTV ride in Ketchikan,
A white water rafting trip in Jueanau. And a helicopter ride and tour of a glacier.
The glacier trip was AWESOME!!!!!!

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My parents did the Alaskan cruise some years back... unfortunately I don't remember what all they did. The only thing I recall was dad saying that the food wasn't as good as the cruise they took to the Bahamas, but everything else (ship/views/people etc.) about the trip was so much better and they really enjoyed it.

It's on our list of something to do in the next few years.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
My sis and her family did the helicopter to a glacier thing and said it was AMAZING! Said it was definitely not a cheap trip but worth every penny. Another thing they really enjoyed was they found somewhere that did the dog sleds tours through some country and they really enjoyed it!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
If you wind up anywhere in the area of Talkeetna, go there and take to flight up to Mt. Denali (use to be Mckinley). We used K2 Aviation and you will also land on a glacier, get out and run around taking pictures like a bunch of tourists. You cruise my not have the time for you to do this.

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

Appreciate it!
Nick
I know a guy that went to Alaska for his health, he came back a husky [HASHTAG]#ucker[/HASHTAG].

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

My folks did a train ride while there and said it was cool.. Dad said to do whatever you could to get further in a and cover as much ground as possible.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
My friends also did the helicopter to the top and dog sled ride.
They also did a guided snow mobile rental.
He went fishing while she rested one day.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try find out what excursions the shop offers before hand and if possible do them on your own, you will save a bunch of money by not going through the ship, but if do go through the ship everything is taking care off, we have done one ship excursion and wouldn't do another through the ship, the rest we have done by walking off the ship. We have done several cruises and probably gonna do one this summer. Also highly recommend doing a walk out balcony, well worth it imho.

Just a quick example. On a trip to key west a jet ski excursion through carnival cruise was like $200 per person, we walked off the ship and it was $150 through the local person that does the ship excursions for them, walked a little further and it was even cheaper, walked a little further shopping and sight seeing and found the same jet ski excursion through the local place and it was $100 for all three of us.

Reactions: JTW
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My folks did a train ride while there and said it was cool.. Dad said to do whatever you could to get further in a and cover as much ground as possible.
I also heard the White Pass train ride was amazing!

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We did that same cruise 5 years ago. We hiked a trail at Skagway back to a small lake. Then hiked back to town and caught the white pass train. Ate fresh seafood at a little restaurant right on the dock. Ketchikan went to the lumberjack show. The Tongass national forest hq was there. Had to pay to get in but it was brand new that year and pretty awesome. Walked around and it rained.
Juneau we toured some Salmon Hatchery and went to Mendenhall glacier which was fun.
Victoria we couldn’t rock due to high winds.
Seattle we did the essentials tour. Space needle and pike’s market were the highlights.
The only plug I will give for boat based tours was the would wait for you if booked through the boat. People across the hall from us got delayed on a floatplane trip the booked themselves I believe in Ketchikan and had to pay to meet the boat at its next stop.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!