P500 Alignment

K

kjpeterman

May 28, 2023
Fall Branch, TN
Ownership

1. 520
I just bought a 2023 520. The steering wheel was crooked going straight. It seemed like the front end felt really heavy and wandered. Well lo and behold the toe in was almost 2 inches. Honda says +/-10mm. So I just got done adjusting it to about 3/8" toe in. Just drove it, what a huge difference! So moral is check your alignment!! I will be checking it on my Rancher 420 now.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
kjpeterman - you find is something that seems to be happening a lot with new machines. What is comes down to is the dealer missed it during the new vehicle prep inspection. You know- the part of the un-crating the new machine, assembling it, then going through all of the systems making sure they are set up right, adjusted right and assembled right.

G

grease monkey

Jan 24, 2022
illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yup, had the same issue on my 2022 P520. Didn't catch it until I started driving on paved roads when the front tires really started showing excessive wear. I think the dealers just slap the tires on and send em out the door. No such thing as predelivery inspection gets done anymore.

H

HondaTech

Yup, had the same issue on my 2022 P520. Didn't catch it until I started driving on paved roads when the front tires really started showing excessive wear. I think the dealers just slap the tires on and send em out the door. No such thing as predelivery inspection gets done anymore.

The P500 only needs the roll cage installed but the alignment should be checked before delivery.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I trust almost no one when it comes to servicing my machine (a P1K5). It felt like I was fighting to turn the wheel all the time. Picked up an (overpriced) alignment tool from Amazon that let me set camber (front and back) and toe. World of difference. Almost as different as comparing power steering to no power steering.

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
So with the huge front toe in as delivered (way out of spec), my 2023 P520 wandered rapidly back and forth on hardpack and especially pavement. I had chalked that up to the "locked rear" drive, but after I set the toe-in to 1/8" it is rock solid straight with zero wandering or oscillating even on pavement. Really happy about that simple fix.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
^^^ @C2Corvette1
Simpsons mr burns