Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anyone know the front alignment specs? Toe-out /negative? Thanks.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Unless you can get access to a Service Manual, I suspect it will be hard to find. However, you might try going to a local Honda dealer and ask them, because you know they will have manual on-hand...

Reactions: Borntohunt
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone know the front alignment specs? Toe-out /negative? Thanks.
Upload 2019 1 27 9 27 33

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks. After adjusting the PoPo ACE of 3/4 inch out (called for 1/4), thinking of checking the P500 and 2016 420 Rancher. Did the string method on the quick. May make a measurement jig or jack stands to confirm.

Last edited:
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Forgive me as I'm a couple years late to this conversation. I'm just wondering if I'm reading this information correctly. The manual calls for 10mm + toe in. Below the specs it says, "the front and rear measurements are the same for this vehicle." Does mean that the reading on the back of the wheel should be 5mm from the back of the front tire to the string (I'm using a string) on the passenger and driver side wheels for a total of 10mm + Toe-In? My confusion comes from the manual saying that the front and rear measurements are the same for this vehicle. If the measurement from the front of the front tire to the string and the rear of the front tire to the string are both 5mm toe-in wouldn't that make the overall alignment of the front end straight as in no positive or negative toe (0 degrees)? I just put on new tires and noticed the passenger side tire is wearing noticeably faster from the drivers side after 100 miles. Thank you for any input/help.

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Forgive me as I'm a couple years late to this conversation. I'm just wondering if I'm reading this information correctly. The manual calls for 10mm + toe in. Below the specs it says, "the front and rear measurements are the same for this vehicle." Does mean that the reading on the back of the wheel should be 5mm from the back of the front tire to the string (I'm using a string) on the passenger and driver side wheels for a total of 10mm + Toe-In? My confusion comes from the manual saying that the front and rear measurements are the same for this vehicle. If the measurement from the front of the front tire to the string and the rear of the front tire to the string are both 5mm toe-in wouldn't that make the overall alignment of the front end straight as in no positive or negative toe (0 degrees)? I just put on new tires and noticed the passenger side tire is wearing noticeably faster from the drivers side after 100 miles. Thank you for any input/help.
Hey bud. I think the.manual means for both the front and rear set of tires. Each set should be straight or smaller in the front by no more than 3/8 of an inch. This string method is funny to me. Much easyer to use a pair of framing squares against the tires up as close to center as possible. We got to the dealer and ours looked like it had hit a telephone post. Had the tell the sales guy wth brand new and it looked wacked. He said it wasnt part of there inspection. I asked if he wanted to warranty 2 tires when they wear out in 100 miles or just adjust the tie rods real fast. For you the toe could be out. But if one tire is worse I would start with air pressure. Then take a framing square and measure the camber. That's how far the tire leans in at the top. This is non adjustable and if one leans alot more have the dealer fix it. May be a bad ball joint bent A arm or frame mounts out of place. Last is to check the toe.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Hey bud. I think the.manual means for both the front and rear set of tires. Each set should be straight or smaller in the front by no more than 3/8 of an inch. This string method is funny to me. Much easyer to use a pair of framing squares against the tires up as close to center as possible. We got to the dealer and ours looked like it had hit a telephone post. Had the tell the sales guy wth brand new and it looked wacked. He said it wasnt part of there inspection. I asked if he wanted to warranty 2 tires when they wear out in 100 miles or just adjust the tie rods real fast. For you the toe could be out. But if one tire is worse I would start with air pressure. Then take a framing square and measure the camber. That's how far the tire leans in at the top. This is non adjustable and if one leans alot more have the dealer fix it. May be a bad ball joint bent A arm or frame mounts out of place. Last is to check the toe.
Thank you!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!