P1000 Alumilite Accessories

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
I have been looking at getting hard doors for my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 for the last couple of years. I was just about to bite the bullet and buy the Honda hard doors but they jumped in price from $2800 to $3800. That's just too much for me to swallow. Then, I discovered Alumilite doors for $1750. My question is, are those doors compatible with the Honda glass windshield and Honda hard top I already have. Troy, at Alumilite, said he has customers who have bought just the doors from him, so he assumes that they are all compatible. I may be interested in purchasing the Alumilite windshield as well, because it tilts and the Honda one doesn't. I probably could sell my Honda windshield for about $500 and help pay for the purchase.

Has anyone on here just purchased the Alumilite doors and used them with the Honda windshield and/or top?

Does anyone have any other ideas for hard doors for the 1000-5?

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I had a hard time spending the $2800, I dont think I’d do the $3800. Another downside to the Honda hard doors is it makes the overall width wider, mine is about 67” overall width, plus the door mirrors if you use them. 65” gates are a problem depending on how tight the DNR installed them…..sure love the doors when its cold or raining though.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Forget the gate. you'll be over 70" easy. I bought mine in Jan. 2022. Checked back in the Feb. messing around, because I had'nt taken possession yet at that time, and I couldn't believe how much it went up. The cab went up over $1500. Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. These are crazy prices. No different then utv tire prices, heck, I bought tires cheaper for my wifes Jeep than what utv tires cost, Goodyears. They're selling wants. You want it, they got.

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Alumilite is also a 18 to 22 week wait for orders, so that's why I am looking for other options. I looked into superatv doors, but a guy on their website said the doors are not compatible with the OEM windshield and top I have. I may end up replacing the door bushings and just stick with the soft upper door system I have. I can't remember the name of it, but I have to zip and unzip it every time I get in and out of the outfit.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Alumilite is also a 18 to 22 week wait for orders, so that's why I am looking for other options. I looked into superatv doors, but a guy on their website said the doors are not compatible with the OEM windshield and top I have. I may end up replacing the door bushings and just stick with the soft upper door system I have. I can't remember the name of it, but I have to zip and unzip it every time I get in and out of the outfit.
You have Honda OEM soft upper doors and have to zip/unzip when opening the doors?

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think thats the FB guy’s soft doors the factory honda softdoors aren’t like that and either are the Seizmik. Both work with the OEM windshield. I love my soft doors and no need to ever remove, just unzip the window but the doors still just open.

Last edited:
J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
You have Honda OEM soft upper doors and have to zip/unzip when opening the doors?
No. I have CEC soft upper doors. I had considered the Honda hard doors, but they are now $3800. I have looked into Alumilite and superatv doors. The Alumilite is an 18--22 week wait. I'm not sure if either door is compatible with the OEM windshield and top I have

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No. I have CEC soft upper doors. I had considered the Honda hard doors, but they are now $3800. I have looked into Alumilite and superatv doors. The Alumilite is an 18--22 week wait. I'm not sure if either door is compatible with the OEM windshield and top I have
The soft Honda doors would solve your zipping issue and they are far from $3800 and they won’t widen your overall width.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!