Amp draw safely allowed

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
I am wondering if anyone has seen the information. Or has figured out the specs on how many continuous amps you can draw on a pioneer 700s charging system with out risk of burning up or over working the charging system. Example would be running a bunch of aftermarket lights say 20 amps.... a heater blower motor 6.6 amps. The factory cooling fan Xx amps. Stereo with small amp. Xx amps. And a winch wile plowing snow. Xxx amps. Obviously I won't be running everything at once... But the heater lights and plow all kind of go hand in hand.

Is there a spec on what the charging capacity is on these systems like truck alternator's?

And I am sorry if this is a duplicate. My search engine doesn't work the best on my smart phone

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Charging system on the 700 is 450 watts MAX so figure 400ish watts to run everything besides motor and ECU.

That gives you about 33 amps MAX, you could run something that pulled more, i.e. a winch but you wouldn't be able to run it for long before the battery started draining.

Last edited:
Reactions: PolkaJoe
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also figure in what your average RPM is. The 450 watts is probably at 5k RPM. Just a guess. At idle, you're surely not getting 450.

Reactions: ohanacreek