Amsoil

S

Superman17

Apr 1, 2024
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I know the oil horse has prob been beat to death…….i have a new P1K Trail 5 and when I change the oil I would like to use Amsoil full Syn However in the manual it says do not use an oil with moly or graphite As it says will greatly affect the clutch operation? I called Amsoil and they recommended their 10w30 Atv/Utv oil but said it has 80 ppm of moly? i know that is not a lot of moly but has anyone else had issues with this oil?

Reactions: Blownzuki
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
hi - it would be very nice if you posted pictures of your ride - it’s a thing on here

good luck with your Amsoil - can’t hide money

my advice is to check the oil spec in the owners manual and verify whatever u are getting has those same specs - and yes the manual will tell ya

just an fyi - I run the basic Honda oil - for as often as it gets changed or should get changed - my cheap ass can’t come up with a single reason to use the amslucaspurple blends

S

Superman17

Apr 1, 2024
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m a big syn believer but honda says no moly so I guess Amsoil is out. Weird that Amsoil would promote that oil in light of what Honda says? I know it’s about selling oil but they could easily formulate an oil without it. Moly is found in a lot of lube oils even in a lot of passenger car oils, grease etc

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!