P1000 Antifreeze

B

Brandon327

Feb 14, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What kinda of off the shelf antifreeze can I use? I am in Silverton co and my pioneer 1000 overheated and boiled some of the antifreeze out . I need to top it off. There are limited resources here. I found some. That says it mixes with any color and types and it is safe for aluminum blocks.

Reactions: BWAF
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
What kinda of off the shelf antifreeze can I use? I am in Silverton co and my pioneer 1000 overheated and boiled some of the antifreeze out . I need to top it off. There are limited resources here. I found some. That says it mixes with any color and types and it is safe for aluminum blocks.

I would roll with the stuff that says mixes with anything.
The worst that can happen is it will turn brown and nasty looking and when you get home you will have to flush it out.
Put it in enjoy your vacation drain it out when you get home and buy blue Honda antifreeze not a lot dollars where talking about, this is bad advice but it is what I would do.

Reactions: trigger
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Or better just add bottled water and drain it when you get home and replace it with all fresh antifreeze.
Antifreeze does three things
1 does the obvious lowers the freeze point of water
2 Raise the boiling point of water
3 protects your coolant system from corrosion.
So a weekend of riding with out antifreeze really isn't going to cause any problems.

Reactions: Tundra20
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Walmart stocks a few that will be fine, I like prestone extended life(safe for all vehicles), they have the best price on that, you can also get the european one if you want it to be specific but I doubt its any different. ive run that in all my my quads/utvs for years and everything I work on for people

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Thanks for the suggestions. I found some of the blue antifreeze made for Honda cars here in town.

That's what I have been running in my Pioneer for the last two years

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!