Any good trails in the central or easter part of Wyoming?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to take a buggy ride out West this summer. I'm trying to see if there are good trails in Wyoming or if the Black Hills or the Wagon Wheel trail near Meeker Co are going to be our best bet.

We are trying to stay away from all of the tourist crowds that happen in the summer in the Black Hills of SD. If there are some good remote trails in Wyoming, that might be a better choice for us. Of course, we want to stay away from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone during the summer months. I've seen the pictures of cars bumper to bumper for miles.

Moab is out... I'm from there and refuse to go there in the summer any more unless we are strickly going to the La Sals. October is great in the valley but miserable in August...

Thanks for the help guys!

Rob

gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to take a buggy ride out West this summer. I'm trying to see if there are good trails in Wyoming or if the Black Hills or the Wagon Wheel trail near Meeker Co are going to be our best bet.

We are trying to stay away from all of the tourist crowds that happen in the summer in the Black Hills of SD. If there are some good remote trails in Wyoming, that might be a better choice for us. Of course, we want to stay away from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone during the summer months. I've seen the pictures of cars bumper to bumper for miles.

Moab is out... I'm from there and refuse to go there in the summer any more unless we are strickly going to the La Sals. October is great in the valley but miserable in August...

Thanks for the help guys!

Rob
might check out medicine bow national forest in wyoming. mostly forest service roads but some are quite remote. usually stayed at albany lodge as there is road directly to the trails from there. Here is a link to a map for the area https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/index.php?...ownload&catid=485&id=136&Itemid=1000000000000

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thank you! I will for sure go take a look.

Rob

Reactions: gch1911

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!