P1000 any pros or cons on this radio setup.... boss...

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just did not want to spend more than 250.00 or so...do I need a preamp or better speakers...also how did you mount your speakers? so many items to get next...
https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-MGR350B-Marine-Receiver/dp/B00VV6Y7O2/?tag=sxsweb24-20
thanks in advance,
Gary
I have the same radio. It's been working for a year and does what I need. I have 4 of these speakers in my 5 seater. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VV6YQAW/?tag=sxsweb24-20. 2 on the middle top bar and 2 on the rear bar. Plenty of sound for me but I listened to mostly country. If u like to jam I guess a amp would be a good idea.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have the same radio. It's been working for a year and does what I need. I have 4 of these speakers in my 5 seater. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VV6YQAW/?tag=sxsweb24-20. 2 on the middle top bar and 2 on the rear bar. Plenty of sound for me but I listened to mostly country. If u like to jam I guess a amp would be a good idea.

I have that same radio and the same 4 speakers set up just like you do. While it doesn't compare to what alot of these guys run, I'm perfectly happy with it also.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I just did not want to spend more than 250.00 or so...do I need a preamp or better speakers...also how did you mount your speakers? so many items to get next...
https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-MGR350B-Marine-Receiver/dp/B00VV6Y7O2/?tag=sxsweb24-20
thanks in advance,
Gary
I've got the same radio and speakers as well with no issues other than the radio screen will get a little moisture in it from time to time. More than likely just the humidity down here in the swamp that causes it and it's never gave me any problems.

R

rickoshea

i have that one in my boat with just 2 speakers.sounds good without an amp.sounds terrible and will make my ears bleed if it plays country music though.if it's playing anything else it's ok.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did this and it sounds pretty good without an amp. I'm using 2 Polk Marine 651 - 6.5 " speakers in wake cans, mounted to the rear roll bar.
I might throw an amp and 2 speakers up front later. Plenty loud and clear sound with just the rears.
No moisture issues but I think mine has small pin hole vents on the side of the lense covers. Or maybe I did that.. 6 months now, no issues.
20191026 170832
20191102 174521

Last edited:
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I did this and it sounds pretty good without an amp. I'm using 2 Polk Marine 651 - 6.5 " speakers in wake cans, mounted to the rear roll bar.
I might throw an amp and 2 speakers up front later. Plenty loud and clear sound with just the rears.
No moisture issues but I think mine has small pin hole vents on the side of the lense covers. Or maybe I did that.. 6 months now, no issues.
View attachment 172715 View attachment 172716
nice setup...do not let that farm jack fall on you? all I need to do is with the radio in...any help would be appreciated. iam not a wiring guy..

thanks,
Gary

Reactions: toddvdh
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok thanks, that is what iam going to go with. now I just need help in wiring it... iam not good at wiring... how did you do yours?

thanks,
Gary

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I've got the same radio and speakers as well with no issues other than the radio screen will get a little moisture in it from time to time. More than likely just the humidity down here in the swamp that causes it and it's never gave me any problems.
was it hard to wire, I need help on this. I am not an expert when it comes wiring...

thanks,
Gary

R

rickoshea

make sure you wire the yellow/red wire to a key on power source or it will not function properly.the red can go directly to the battery or power block .other than that it's really straightforward.

Reactions: toddvdh and TripleB
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
make sure you wire the yellow/red wire to a key on power source or it will not function properly.the red can go directly to the battery or power block .other than that it's really straightforward.
ok I can do that.. did you install another fuse box under the hood? also I will be putting a winch on and another battery to help with accessories..

Gary

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
i have that one in my boat with just 2 speakers.sounds good without an amp.sounds terrible and will make my ears bleed if it plays country music though.if it's playing anything else it's ok.

country music does that to every single radio on the planet.

makes me want to pierce my eardrums.

• Haha
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We all have a short comings, weaknesses and failures. I feel so badly for you. Have you considered country music immersion therapy?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!