Any riders from New Mexico here?

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about riding/camping at the Mascalero Dunes at Thanksgiving. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. We normal ride some dunes in Texas due south but they may not be an option any longer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thinking about riding/camping at the Mascalero Dunes at Thanksgiving. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. We normal ride some dunes in Texas due south but they may not be an option any longer.
I live part time there. The dunes are fun though a very small area to ride. The massive cottonwoods are impressive. Don't forget to take a tall whip along, have fun.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I live part time there. The dunes are fun though a very small area to ride. The massive cottonwoods are impressive. Don't forget to take a tall whip along, have fun.
I would like to do some desert riding, especially at night and look at the stars, when we built our house there was no light pollution not the stars are dim. Due to the light pollution.

Reactions: Montecresto
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thank You - any other suggestions in the general area for Thanks Giving? How is the riding around Ruidosa?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank You - any other suggestions in the general area for Thanks Giving? How is the riding around Ruidosa?
Sorry bud, but not really. I mostly ride in the north central portion of the state. I just knew about the dunes, which are fun if it's not busy, which may be the case at that time of year. If it's busy, it has the potential for danger and that diminishes the ride some as you may not want to crest a dune going as fast as you'd like because there can easily be another rail, buggy or sxs just over it. Fun camping there too if that was your plan.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank You yeah we are looking for somewhere to camp (BLM dry camping prefered) and ride

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@txsurfer any more thoughts on partaking in the Febuary ride?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sounds good what are the dates again? We are heading to HF the 27th of this month if you are going be up there? Riding season is here..
First weekend in February.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!